New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

JollyKernow replied on 11/01/2022 18:22

Posted on 11/01/2022 15:32 by peedee

So have you already started allocating pitche types? It would seem to be a big job to leave until the last moment?

peedee

Posted on 11/01/2022 18:22

Evening

There'll be an army of volunteers transferring a years worth of bookings over to the new system peedee. It's really a quite straightforward job starting with the oldest bookings etc. I've even put my name forward in case they're short!!

Personally I'll be interested to see how many bookings will want to change to a grass pitch from hardstand. I've run 4 sites with a mixture of surfaces and it's surprising (even in poor weather) how many people prefer grass. So, to those on this thread who think they'll never get that gravel.........wink

JK

JVB66 replied on 11/01/2022 18:27

Posted on 11/01/2022 18:22 by JollyKernow

Evening

There'll be an army of volunteers transferring a years worth of bookings over to the new system peedee. It's really a quite straightforward job starting with the oldest bookings etc. I've even put my name forward in case they're short!!

Personally I'll be interested to see how many bookings will want to change to a grass pitch from hardstand. I've run 4 sites with a mixture of surfaces and it's surprising (even in poor weather) how many people prefer grass. So, to those on this thread who think they'll never get that gravel.........wink

JK

Posted on 11/01/2022 18:27

An Army? surprisedundecided

SteveL replied on 11/01/2022 18:39

Posted on 11/01/2022 18:32 by Navigateur

Seems an odd thing to do manually rather than export from old system and import to new. As you wrote, it is quite straight forward.

Posted on 11/01/2022 18:39

I agree. Surely a job for a computer, as all the current bookings are on one. Are all the other details of the booking going to be transferred manually?

peedee replied on 11/01/2022 19:17

Posted on 11/01/2022 19:17

It's the allocation of pitch types in priority which is not so easily done by computer. Not iimpossible but more complex than just movings bookings across.

peeee

TandemTwo replied on 11/01/2022 19:21

Posted on 11/01/2022 18:22 by JollyKernow

Evening

JK

Posted on 11/01/2022 19:21

2022 ... seriously? The Club's 'new' back office supplier should be assisting in the export of existing data, cleaning it and migrating it. It is normal, not difficult.  A manual migration is open to so many errors  .. and time ..?!! data protection?!!

Tinwheeler replied on 11/01/2022 20:08

Posted on 11/01/2022 19:17 by peedee

It's the allocation of pitch types in priority which is not so easily done by computer. Not iimpossible but more complex than just movings bookings across.

peeee

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:08

I’m inclined to agree, PD. It’s not a like for like move with bookings having to be dealt with in chronological order and consideration given to serviced, awning and non-awning pitches. Perhaps it’s the simplest option to do it this way rather than risk a huge influx of complaints if a computerised transfer was to make a pigs ear of things. That is something that can so easily happen - just look at recent banking mishaps.

JVB66 replied on 11/01/2022 20:27

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:08 by Tinwheeler

I’m inclined to agree, PD. It’s not a like for like move with bookings having to be dealt with in chronological order and consideration given to serviced, awning and non-awning pitches. Perhaps it’s the simplest option to do it this way rather than risk a huge influx of complaints if a computerised transfer was to make a pigs ear of things. That is something that can so easily happen - just look at recent banking mishaps.

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:27

1. When many years ago late 1980s,a completely different method of controlling a very big fleet of rolling stock ,including some new fleets,  was to be introduced   the company who's system was selected transferred all the fleets into the new system as part of the deal for them to get the contract ,and that involved many types of maintenance programmes

So I am sure these days that type of system ,would, be a simple method 

Ps it was when the railways were first being got ready to be privatised

Tinwheeler replied on 11/01/2022 20:35

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:27 by JVB66

When many years ago ,a completely different method of controlling a very big fleet of rolling stock ,including some new fleets,  was to be introduced   the company who's system was selected transferred all the fleets into the new system as part of the deal for them to get the contract ,and that involved many type of maintenance programmes

So I am sure these days that type of system ,would,be a simple method 

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:35

Not quite the same thing, JV. One is an ongoing continuous record, the other has multi fluctuations with many variables. I expect JK will explain it to you👍🏻

PS. I very much doubt evidence of a 40 year old event can sensibly be used as a comparison here. The differences are phenomenal and it’s hard to take seriously, tbh.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook