New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 11/01/2022 15:34

Posted on 11/01/2022 15:34

We fully accept Marazion for what it is, a lovely location, which is our first priority, but some challenged pitches, more so with a MH. The biggest difference is we were only paying around £16 per night, not in the realms of £30-40 per night, which would be unacceptable for a less than good all round pitch for a long length of time.

Arch replied on 11/01/2022 15:39

Posted on 11/01/2022 15:34 by Takethedogalong

We fully accept Marazion for what it is, a lovely location, which is our first priority, but some challenged pitches, more so with a MH. The biggest difference is we were only paying around £16 per night, not in the realms of £30-40 per night, which would be unacceptable for a less than good all round pitch for a long length of time.

Posted on 11/01/2022 15:39

We use Marazion most September's for 2-3 weeks but as you say there is the odd challenged pitch.

Takethedogalong replied on 11/01/2022 15:41

Posted on 11/01/2022 14:31 by JVB66

That is just the situations that arose with the trial of hardstand booking, hardstanding's ,having to be empty wating for a booked on that pitch arrival,

Those that think booking a specific pitch number is a good idea would also be thinking only of their own selves , not others that will arrive for two weeks and see an empty pitch 

It may possibly work? on very large sites ,but with the high volume of site users in the Uk on most sites it would be difficult to work

Even AD could not get on his booked pitch on a site "over there" when he arrived early? 

Unless people are willing to move once set up ? then the site staff on UK sites would I expect not be willing to let a booked pitch for any time that would overlap when it is required 

Posted on 11/01/2022 15:41

That’s possibly the very reason booking a specific pitch will never happen on Club Sites. It needs a lot of spare capacity to give people their choice, and still accommodate others. A lot easier on a big 2000 pitch site, but on a busy 200 pitch site with a daily turnover of occupancy……🤔 not so.

Cornersteady replied on 11/01/2022 17:05

Posted on 11/01/2022 12:04 by cyberyacht

Rabbits do not poo on gravel then? I wonder if this trait has been studied by David Attenborough.

Posted on 11/01/2022 17:05

Thanks for such a on topic and insightful post CY, why my preference for HS is funny to you I'm not sure?  Actually they don't in my experience and I'm told many small animals prefer grass/soil if they can get it.

That aside especially with long grass it get easily missed and brought in while HS make it easier to spot, is that OK?undecided

replied on 11/01/2022 17:22

Posted on 11/01/2022 14:31 by JVB66

That is just the situations that arose with the trial of hardstand booking, hardstanding's ,having to be empty wating for a booked on that pitch arrival,

Those that think booking a specific pitch number is a good idea would also be thinking only of their own selves , not others that will arrive for two weeks and see an empty pitch 

It may possibly work? on very large sites ,but with the high volume of site users in the Uk on most sites it would be difficult to work

Even AD could not get on his booked pitch on a site "over there" when he arrived early? 

Unless people are willing to move once set up ? then the site staff on UK sites would I expect not be willing to let a booked pitch for any time that would overlap when it is required 

Posted on 11/01/2022 17:22

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 11/01/2022 17:55

Posted on 11/01/2022 17:22 by

Is my name  being  taken in vane heresurprised

Ad arrived 24 hours early and wasnt in the least surprised someone else had had the good taste to avail themselves of a classically superior pitch at the waters edge. However next day they left and our wonderful  month began.wink

Posted on 11/01/2022 17:55

Just using your long  previous post as an examplewink 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook