Clubsite bookings 2021

rexandbellasdad replied on 29/12/2020 14:10

Posted on 29/12/2020 14:10

I'm not impressed by the fact that so many Clubsites are fully booked all summer, but only for weekends. This effectively precludes booking for any longer that 5 days middweek, which isn't long enough for a typical holiday. There needs to be a proportion of places on each Clubsite reserved for longer stays.

Takethedogalong replied on 31/12/2020 10:23

Posted on 31/12/2020 10:23

That’s it’s posh name AD, Gresty Road to the faithful.😁

Middlesboro’s Riverside Stadium was the first football stadium built to comply with the Taylor report, which looked into some of the big disasters that had occurred. Completed in just eight weeks, the old gates to Ayresome Park stand as a feature outside the ground. Having been to a few of the big ones, I think it’s one of the best, it has lots of atmosphere, good sight lines. Away supporters get the full Arctic blast that rattles down from the North😂 Home supporters are nice and cosy up in the high tiers😉

brue replied on 31/12/2020 10:24

Posted on 29/12/2020 14:24 by DavidKlyne

This is a very regular topic aired on this forum. The Club aim to be fair to everyone by making the sites available at predetermined times so all members have a fair opportunity to make a booking. The problem with booking system that allows such advanced booking is that the later you book the more likely you will find sites with weekends already booked. Personally I would not want to adjudicate between those who feel a two week break is more important than a weekend booking, there will be plenty of reasons why both are important.

You do have choices. What about a different site? If you really want to be on a specific site do as I often do, book the days that are available and keep going back to the booking page to check for cancellations which invariably will occur as the date of arrival nears. I appreciate this does not give you immediate results but I have found it works for me.

David

Posted on 31/12/2020 10:24

I'm quite glad to hear (in the OP) that club sites are booked in the summer. This is going to be a long haul for CAMC to get back to any sort of normality, never mind upgrades to the booking systems!

Takethedogalong replied on 31/12/2020 10:29

Posted on 31/12/2020 10:29

I hope they can manage to staff more this year, recall the ask for those interested in training as Wardens last year?

On a personal note, fingers crossed the Racecourse Sites re open, it’s these we miss the most.

brue replied on 31/12/2020 10:38

Posted on 31/12/2020 10:38

We missed Plymouth Sound being open this year, we miss these basic sites, so fingers crossed for pitches in 2021.

DSB replied on 31/12/2020 10:57

Posted on 31/12/2020 10:57

Haven't even started to think about 2021 bookings yet, but I should be very surprised if I don't get booked in somewhere - CAMC or elsewhere.  I'll just be flexible - but after the last few years, I'll be booking full serviced pitches.  I think the problem this year is that no-one really knows what the situation is going to be like next week, let alone this coming summer!  Perhaps this thread will give me the incentive kick to go and have a look!  😃

David

Takethedogalong replied on 31/12/2020 11:09

Posted on 31/12/2020 11:09

I think there will be a lot more folks staying in UK (☹️) rather than venturing overseas, certainly for earliest six months of year. That means even some of our normally quiet escape zones will be rammed with folks unfortunately. Never seen Northumberland like it was last September, we took to the hills and Moors to get away from the crowds on the Coast☹️

Metheven replied on 31/12/2020 11:31

Posted on 31/12/2020 11:09 by Takethedogalong

I think there will be a lot more folks staying in UK (☹️) rather than venturing overseas, certainly for earliest six months of year. That means even some of our normally quiet escape zones will be rammed with folks unfortunately. Never seen Northumberland like it was last September, we took to the hills and Moors to get away from the crowds on the Coast☹️

Posted on 31/12/2020 11:31

That will most likely be us next year, I can't see us doing our usual late April to July 'overthere' unless things progress rapidly. We are already talking on a few UK bookings for that period (away from the coast) and interested in sites within canal towpaths, but things might change smile

Takethedogalong replied on 31/12/2020 11:35

Posted on 31/12/2020 11:35

Still lots to see and enjoy M, we are never bored wherever we go😁👍

Metheven replied on 31/12/2020 12:13

Posted on 31/12/2020 12:13

Likewise Tda, 👍 plus I think it wise to stay around in the UK if the vaccinations are not rolled out as planned, then If I get that message I'm ready to go.laughing 

Cornersteady replied on 31/12/2020 12:47

Posted on 31/12/2020 10:29 by Takethedogalong

I hope they can manage to staff more this year, recall the ask for those interested in training as Wardens last year?

On a personal note, fingers crossed the Racecourse Sites re open, it’s these we miss the most.

Posted on 31/12/2020 12:47

I have only stayed on them when travelling onwards the next day but yes they are full of charm, my favourite is the one at Warwick parked right on the barrier to the racecourse.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook