Clubsite bookings 2021

rexandbellasdad replied on 29/12/2020 14:10

Posted on 29/12/2020 14:10

I'm not impressed by the fact that so many Clubsites are fully booked all summer, but only for weekends. This effectively precludes booking for any longer that 5 days middweek, which isn't long enough for a typical holiday. There needs to be a proportion of places on each Clubsite reserved for longer stays.

Cornersteady replied on 04/01/2021 11:16

Posted on 03/01/2021 23:32 by Phishing

But that applies at all booking any type of holiday club or not, why the club be different to suit you personally? membership of a club does not grant one the exclusive use at all times when you want it?

No it doesn't, no other business or organization allows me to book as many holidays as I possibly need and then cancel at will without punitive damages. I am pretty sure Thompsons would have very high bookings and limited availability if they allowed their customers to book whatever they want and cancel days before they travel. They don't because it would be very inefficient way of running a travel business. It is really bad way to operate when booking algorithms and analytics are used by any travel business of this size.

why? and do you ask this of other travel hotels holidays companies when you can't get a booking you want? Would you ask that of any a gym or example when you couldn't get in? What about a golf club? Squash club?

Because this is run as a club and it is fair and reasonable for the executive to report to the membership the strategy and targets for their key activities and allow scrutiny of the achievement of those targets.

As you don't appear to get your monies worth or like the way the club is run why are you a member? serious question?

I am a member because I use some of the clubs services which I value. I never said I do not get value and as a member I have the right to question the policies and operation of the club. 

Same old response, it suits us so go away, the weekends remain choked by the few.

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:16

First paragraph, you have misread, what applies to all holiday bookings is that you cannot book far ahead, yet for some reason you think the club owes you a holiday.

Because this is run as a club and it is fair and reasonable for the executive to report to the membership the strategy and targets for their key activities and allow scrutiny of the achievement of those targets

Name one other club that does this? In one sense it does report back on occupancy level and income, the true measure of a well run business.

I have the right to question the policies and operation of the club.

yes have you? I mean on here is pointless, but have you written in to the club or tabled a question at the AGM? or even voted?

I'm not sure what the same old response means bth? rather rude perhaps, I don't say that about your posts?

Choked by the few? 

Well if it is a few then there cannot be a problem. But those 'few' are fellow members and with all your talk of it being a club you want them to lose their weekends away just so you can have your weeks away? Hardly fair is it? 

As said above book ahead.

JVB66 replied on 04/01/2021 11:21

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:07 by Takethedogalong

We recognised change was coming over 20 years ago. We used to hitch up, roll down to Marazion, get a pitch, that was it. Then one year, we saw the “Site Full” sign go up. 2001 it was. So I booked a few weeks ahead after that, until we eventually dropped on a nice CL. That was booked up solid from May through to October, so we recognised the need to become very pro active to get what we needed. Never failed in the following 13 years we were still at work, and my OH only got his leave allocation in New Year. It’s nothing new, you deal with it, one way or another.

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:21

I agree, and as posted before if wanting a longer stay than just a weekend and the site shows full on the booking page  ,give the site a call "it pays to talk"

Takethedogalong replied on 04/01/2021 11:25

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:25

Even that is getting more difficult. We never had an issue getting a pitch to tag on, but there’s a lot less slack these last couple of years.

JVB66 replied on 04/01/2021 11:38

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:25 by Takethedogalong

Even that is getting more difficult. We never had an issue getting a pitch to tag on, but there’s a lot less slack these last couple of years.

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:38

All site owners these days are far more profit and costs conscious now,so a lot more pitches are used where in the past (grass pitches)they may have been rested to "save" them from awning and groundsheet damage,

And with more hardstandings and service?pitches now being installed sites will have fewer pitches ,also spacing of grass pitches is now more in the last few years with the recent firebreak advise,/rules all adds up to less pitches available in the same size site

But even then as site staff we know  some still on the network doing relief will say , it is very foolish site staff that release every pitch ,with so many "problems "that that can cause

eurortraveller replied on 04/01/2021 11:39

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:39

We simply broke free from Club sites (too busy), and CLs (too small). There are hundreds of decent, respectable, mid range, independent sites in UK, with pitches available at short notice. 

JVB66 replied on 04/01/2021 11:53

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:39 by eurortraveller

We simply broke free from Club sites (too busy), and CLs (too small). There are hundreds of decent, respectable, mid range, independent sites in UK, with pitches available at short notice. 

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:53

I quite agree ,although one main reason IMHO that club sites , both clubs are so popular is the majority of people do not like the "unknown", whereas when using both clubs networks (apart from the nitpickers) can be sure of good quality facilities on all the sites normally with good staff on hand if neededwink

replied on 04/01/2021 11:59

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:53 by JVB66

I quite agree ,although one main reason IMHO that club sites , both clubs are so popular is the majority of people do not like the "unknown", whereas when using both clubs networks (apart from the nitpickers) can be sure of good quality facilities on all the sites normally with good staff on hand if neededwink

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 04/01/2021 12:24

Posted on 04/01/2021 11:53 by JVB66

Posted on 04/01/2021 12:24

Probably sums it it up nicely, no harm in it if it removes the perceived stress from anyone. 

replied on 04/01/2021 12:56

Posted on 04/01/2021 12:56

Content has been removed.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook