Clubsite bookings 2021

rexandbellasdad replied on 29/12/2020 14:10

Posted on 29/12/2020 14:10

I'm not impressed by the fact that so many Clubsites are fully booked all summer, but only for weekends. This effectively precludes booking for any longer that 5 days middweek, which isn't long enough for a typical holiday. There needs to be a proportion of places on each Clubsite reserved for longer stays.

replied on 03/01/2021 09:49

Posted on 03/01/2021 08:16 by SteveL

3 advanced bookings per member, 6 month rolling.

For last September we booked in advance / stayed at 8 CAMC sites in just under 4 weeks. This is fairly typical now we have a MH. For next May / June we have 16 sites booked (transferred from this year)  10 of those are CAMC.  If what you suggest was introduced, there would be little point in us remaining members. The club would therefore loose bookings which in a normal year total well over a thousand pounds, to the advantage of others. 

At the times we tour the sites are very rarely full, so that loss would be largely actual, as the spaces would not necessarily be filled by others.

Sounds a bit like Turkeys voting for Christmas.🤔

Posted on 03/01/2021 09:49

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 03/01/2021 09:50

Posted on 03/01/2021 09:50

If you complicate the system so much not only is the system unlikely to cope but nor will members!!! The beauty of the current system, as flawed in the minds of some as it might be, is that it is simple to use and simple to understand. You can of course tweak it by extending the 72 hour rule or even imposing deposits but above all it has to be simple.

David

Takethedogalong replied on 03/01/2021 09:52

Posted on 03/01/2021 09:52

Nothing will be “too late”. A member somewhere will fill whatever gap arises. That’s the bottom line for the Club, tourers on pitches, as many as possible, as long as the Site is open. If you want two, three weekends as part of a long holiday, it’s simple. You get off your 🤫 and book it. There are possibly only a tiny few Sites that folks are desperate to stay on at a particular time in peak season, all available a year in advance. It’s how we had to book our holidays when working, and as we stayed on a very popular CL, with just the five pitches, we got damned organised or we compromised. 

I doubt many Members will find having all sorts of booking limits imposed on them popular, in essence to suit those who don’t sort their holidays out. If you know there is a finite limit to a product you need, you try your best to sort yourself out. 🤷‍♀️

JVB66 replied on 03/01/2021 09:57

Posted on 03/01/2021 09:49 by

Steve

That collection of bookings albeit  very easily made on the club website for a fairly short trip shows just how restricted UK tours will be if one wants a degree of certainty where one will be "sleeping tonight". I am one of them and never leave home for a UK destination without a booking but once across the water we can (and do) as you know ,travel with total flexibility  without booking.  These are special times last year was a right off and the problems may spill over into this but if it became the norm to book everything in this way there would be a caravan for sale. 

Posted on 03/01/2021 09:57

But as you have again failed to post with your over there posts is the same as can be achieved on this island,  travel out the the peak holiday periods,   albeit that is now getting less viable  with the growing "staycations" with the retired population 

Takethedogalong replied on 03/01/2021 10:00

Posted on 03/01/2021 10:00

AD, trust me, it is possible to tour spontaneously in UK, even in a pandemic year. Not via exclusively Club Sites, but with the kind of open mind you use overseas regarding a variety of Sites. We did a 5 Site tour last September (case rates were good, everyone hit the road) I booked our second site a couple of nights in front, knowing it would be very busy, then we winged it the rest of the tour, including our first night stop over. Even got a pitch on a real Northumberland plum everyone raves about. Nothing to do with bad weather cancellations either, it was glorious. 😁

I have just checked out availability on four Summer holiday type Sites, two in Cornwall, one in Devon, one on East Coast. Every single one has every single weekend with pitch availability. What  are going fast are the finite number of serviced pitches, but by no means all booked. 🤷‍♀️

JVB66 replied on 03/01/2021 10:10

Posted on 03/01/2021 10:00 by Takethedogalong

AD, trust me, it is possible to tour spontaneously in UK, even in a pandemic year. Not via exclusively Club Sites, but with the kind of open mind you use overseas regarding a variety of Sites. We did a 5 Site tour last September (case rates were good, everyone hit the road) I booked our second site a couple of nights in front, knowing it would be very busy, then we winged it the rest of the tour, including our first night stop over. Even got a pitch on a real Northumberland plum everyone raves about. Nothing to do with bad weather cancellations either, it was glorious. 😁

Posted on 03/01/2021 10:10

I would be very supprised that any site on the club network did not have a pitch/es available for an odd night or two at least stopover, i am not saying it ,would be guaranteed? but a call to a site on the way has in all the years we have been members ,been normally in the positives

SteveL replied on 03/01/2021 10:11

Posted on 03/01/2021 10:11

I'm not sure Phishings limit of only two visits at any site per year  would make much difference, in respect of folk being able to book full weeks, as the OP requires.

At the less popular sites it is not really an issue, as long as you are moderately organised and don't leave it until the month before.

Whilst the honeypots are just so popular the weekends will still go months before. They will just be spread over more members and booking a week will be as difficult as ever.

SteveL replied on 03/01/2021 10:16

Posted on 03/01/2021 09:57 by JVB66

But as you have again failed to post with your over there posts is the same as can be achieved on this island,  travel out the the peak holiday periods,   albeit that is now getting less viable  with the growing "staycations" with the retired population 

Posted on 03/01/2021 10:16

I think the difference is JVB when there we just roll up and 9 times out of 10 a pitch is available. The sites generally have pools and other facilities if that's what one wants. I'm not sure how viable that sort of touring would be here, at those sorts of sites, in May, June and September.

replied on 03/01/2021 10:20

Posted on 03/01/2021 09:57 by JVB66

Posted on 03/01/2021 10:20

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook