replied on 07/02/2022 17:41

Posted on 07/02/2022 17:41

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

MichaelT replied on 07/02/2022 17:48

Posted on 07/02/2022 17:48

Never mind the space what about the price, £78 a night at weekendssurprised

Spacing is OK apparently, see below from the web

Family and Friends Pitch at our 28 day campsites
The relaxed nature of the pop-up sites makes for the perfect getaway with family and friends. We know many people enjoy pitching up together, so we have created a new supersized pitch measuring 22 x 10 metres. So book once and get a guaranteed joint space for friends and family to pitch up together.

These pitches can accommodate up to two outfits* so you can create the perfect space together.

*Club regulation firebreak distancing between outfits applies

young thomas replied on 08/02/2022 08:15

Posted on 08/02/2022 08:15

I got the email yesterday, nearly spilt my tea! This is the same sort of price the club charges for staying on a bit of gravel at the NEC.

A bit different to the THS (pop up sites) we use with the C&CC.

still, I guess it's location, location, location....some will, no doubt, think it's a bargain.

cyberyacht replied on 08/02/2022 08:47

Posted on 08/02/2022 08:47

I suppose Lord Montague needs a decent cut from the deal to maintain his stately pile and all those cars. A C&CC pop up site at Lymington for £10 a bus ride through the Forest sounds a better deal.

DSB replied on 08/02/2022 09:27

Posted on 08/02/2022 09:27

I have not used a pop up site of any description as the nature of it means they are unlikely to set up full serviced pitches.  We tend to go for serviced pitches these days - it basically means we take less stuff with up - saves weight and space....

David

SteveL replied on 08/02/2022 10:47

Posted on 08/02/2022 10:47

The added advantage of 25% of your tickets is also not all it seems, as 12 to 14% (depending on ticket type) is available for all advance bookings.

DavidKlyne replied on 08/02/2022 12:44

Posted on 08/02/2022 12:44

I never quite understand the negativity about the pricing for these venues which the Club provide as an extra to their normal offer, no one is forced to use them? I have no idea how much the Beaulieu Estate charge the Club and I have no idea how much the set up costs are but I expect they are reflected in the price charged. The Club have two sites in the New Forest within easy reach of Beaulieu and probably numerous CL's so there is plenty of choice. As a motorhomer would I prefer to pay £28 a night at the New Forest Centenary site which is in the middle of no where or £37 a night where I can walk to a major world famous tourist attraction? Horses for courses me thinks.

David

brue replied on 08/02/2022 13:00

Posted on 08/02/2022 13:00

It's not something we'd use but the club provides EHU, showers and toilets which is far removed from a basic rally or THS and Beaulieu itself has plenty to offer. The village is nice the house and museum are very good and the walk to Buckler's Hard (where the old wooden ships were built) is an interesting outing. If you stay in a hotel in Beaulieu it will cost a lot more than £37, (we've done that! wink)

replied on 08/02/2022 14:12

Posted on 08/02/2022 12:44 by DavidKlyne

I never quite understand the negativity about the pricing for these venues which the Club provide as an extra to their normal offer, no one is forced to use them? I have no idea how much the Beaulieu Estate charge the Club and I have no idea how much the set up costs are but I expect they are reflected in the price charged. The Club have two sites in the New Forest within easy reach of Beaulieu and probably numerous CL's so there is plenty of choice. As a motorhomer would I prefer to pay £28 a night at the New Forest Centenary site which is in the middle of no where or £37 a night where I can walk to a major world famous tourist attraction? Horses for courses me thinks.

David

Posted on 08/02/2022 14:12

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 08/02/2022 14:39

Posted on 08/02/2022 14:39

Just had a look at the prices. Compared with what the Club charges at many other Sites, £37 to be on the Beaulieu Estate with discount on tickets to Estate and Bucklers Hard for two adults doesn’t seem too bad to me. Ok it’s a minimum of two nights stay, but then it’s hardly likely you could do both in one nights stay anyway🤷‍♀️ The £74/78 price is for a two outfit/ four adults pitch, so priced same as a single outfit pitch. For us, it would be a bit of a treat, somewhere quite a way from home, slap bang in the middle of what we wanted to see. We did same when visiting Hampton Court Palace, only on that occasion we paid £200 a night for hotel at the gates (12 years ago), train tickets from home and for Underground. So put into a similar context……it’s a bargain. And that’s from a tight fisted Yorkie😁

Or am I missing something🤷‍♀️

eurortraveller replied on 08/02/2022 15:37

Posted on 08/02/2022 15:37

The Camping and Caravanning Club has a temporary site running for the whole of August - it’s at Lymington, within walking distance of the town and 7 miles from Beaulieu, so perhaps a 15 minute drive. It’s priced at £11 a night. Doesn’t that sum up the difference between the Friendly Club and the Rich Man’s Club?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook