Puy du Fou parking

young thomas replied on 07/12/2022 08:42

Posted on 07/12/2022 08:42

Check out park4night plenty of detail, cost and comments re this Aire. €13 I think.

good luck.

eurortraveller replied on 07/12/2022 09:05

Posted on 07/12/2022 09:05

Not my scene but there is plenty of information elsewhere including on CamperContact website and on You Tube videos too. They show it as a huge flat grass area divided by gravel roadways, with room for hundreds lined  up in rows -  99% are motorhomes but caravans allowed too.

The price YT mentioned is for overnight -between 0100 and 0700 - while daytime parking is free.

Reviews says there are very few electric points and an acute shortage of service points for water supply and waste disposal - perhaps they didn’t expect the explosion in motorhome numbers which has taken place in France with hundreds of them going there.

So with a caravan if you go there as self contained as the motorhomers do then it looks perfectly OK for an overnight stay - though not a bit like a UK Club site

allanandjean replied on 10/12/2022 10:34

Posted on 10/12/2022 10:34

Hi, We have visited before but not seen or used the area you mention and its worth a quick email to confirm the area can be used for caravans.

Not looked into it like euror, but sure someone mentioned its MH only when we were staying nearby and our MH buddies brought it up in conversation with others on site after seeing the Camping Cars signs.

The place itself is huge and our fist day trip visit was exhausting hence the second visit, over three days-most cost effective way at the time-staying on a nearby site.

eurortraveller replied on 10/12/2022 11:10

Posted on 10/12/2022 11:10

Perhaps there is more than one big Aire ? I was looking at the Vendee Tourism website which lists a Motorhome  and Caravan site at Les Epesses with 800 places. So maybe different one?  

EmilyAndBeccasMum replied on 11/12/2022 20:42

Posted on 11/12/2022 20:42

Hi,  

On the website it says motorhomes only for over night, I’m going a little off track but I would take a picnic as the food stalls/restaurants can get very  busy and go for two days or more it you can. 

Norfolk Hawker replied on 23/12/2022 22:36

Posted on 23/12/2022 22:36

We’ve visited Puy du Fou many times, both the daytime parc and the evening cinéscénie and found the nearby camping Le Rouge Gorge in St Laurent sur Sèvre to be ideal for a few nights stay as we are caravaners with no facilities on board. It is only a short drive away with helpful and newish owners who can arrange entrance tickets. There is a covered swimming pool as well.

Paulss replied on 14/06/2023 12:32

Posted on 14/06/2023 12:32

Thanks for all the replies. We stayed for three nights visiting the park over two days. It is as described by Eurotraveller and was perfectly adequate for a brief stay - also very cheap!

Eyeball68 replied on 26/08/2024 17:41

Posted on 26/08/2024 17:41

Hi Paulss,

I too would like to take my caravan to Puy Du Fou.

Did you use the Camper facilities with your caravan successfully?

Any advice or recommendations as a result of your visit?

TIA

EmilyAndBeccasMum replied on 07/09/2024 10:46

Posted on 07/09/2024 10:46

Hi, 

We visited the site this August, we love the place 7th visit over the last 16yrs. As already mentioned I would try and visit for 2 days, as you will not be able to see all the shows in the time and you may want to watch some twice. 

We parked in the Puy du Fou aire on site this time, as we have a motorhome, I did not see any caravans and it was busy as it was August, although still lots of spaces. It is set out in rows on grass. I would email, depending on the time of year, they may let you unhitch and park next to your caravan although on the website it does say campers/modified vehicles only. 

There are a range of sites in the local area. We also visited here this year, camping-lacdhautibus.com/en/home/ in Argentonnay  35 minutes away, a traditional French site with pool. 

We have also stayed on the onsite hotels, which are like travelling back in time. Nothing like Disney or UK theme parks, the attention to detail is amazing! 

It depends on your price point and how close you want to be. 

It does feel very rural, although this time we also found a small intermarche, rue Pierre de Coubertin, 85590 les Epesses which was amazing, it had the most amazing selection of fresh meats for BBQs, great bakery, everything you need. I love a French supermarket, but this even surpassed my expectations! Think an amazing farm shop, meets Harrods Foodhall with Tesco prices!

If you visit the park, make sure you take a map with times of each show they only seem to be in one place (at the main entrance), you can also download the app for maps and times, these change daily. If you have the app ,you can also listen to translations of each show. 

Due to how each show is presented with the music, acting and effects, you can get the grasp of what is happening even with minimal French and not worrying about the technology.

It does get busy, but the place can cope with the large number of people, if you can visit out of the traditional French holiday weeks, even better. 

We love the place, we have visited with a age range from 2 to 80,they have all loved it! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook