Pump will not start

ScreenNameB8399FBA09 replied on 05/03/2022 09:25

Posted on 05/03/2022 09:25

Hi Iam Nigel , i have a elddis 840 caravan 2018 , the sub water pump does nto start ? the pump work when i hot wirer it , the is power at the IC switch howerver the green light does not light when the reset switch is pressed, i have opened all three tap in the van and cleaned connections on pump ?

Please help if you can , cheers Nigel

Moved from Story Section

brue replied on 05/03/2022 13:57

Posted on 05/03/2022 13:57

Hi Nigel, this request is posted in the wrong section and hopefully your post will be moved and you'll get some help elsewhere on the forum. Good luck!

TonyBurton replied on 09/03/2022 21:38

Posted on 09/03/2022 21:38

Hi, Perhaps you've sorted your problem by now. I don't know how your system works on an Elddis. My water pump is controlled by a small pressure switch under a bunk close to the water inlet. When a tap is opened, the pressure switch detects the change in pressure in the water pipe and switches on the pump. The pressure switch has as a small knurled knob on the top. If you screw it in too far the pump will not stop running. If it is not screwed in enough the pump will not switch on. Sometimes the switch has gone out of adjustment because I've stored too much under the bunk and it has got caught.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook