Alde Circulation Pump

Petal1026 replied on 23/03/2017 12:08

Posted on 23/03/2017 12:08

Anyone else had any problems with their circulation pump and Alde after service?  I have a 2 year old Swift Conqueror with a pump that failed.  At that time we were purchasing a new caravan at the November show and spoke to an Alde representative who assured us the pump was under warranty and it would be paid for.  We were staying in the van, it was freezing so rang Alde that day to ask for an authorised fitter, 2 out of 3 numbers given no longer are Alde fitters but the 3rd call found one who arranged to attend the site we were staying at and subsequently fitted a new pump.  We returned the "failed" pump to Alde who promptly sent us a new pump......yes great Alde but we had already had one fitted!!!!! Phone call to Alde suggested we sell on e bay no offer of refund or cost of engineer's time just different advice that we should have taken the van to the dealer we purchased from.......in freezing conditions........we were staying in Oxford the dealer was in Nottingham!  Not impressed Alde seem to have the niche in the market and using it to their advantage !

replied on 23/03/2017 12:30

Posted on 23/03/2017 12:30

Your contract is with the dealer. Contact them.

mickysf replied on 23/03/2017 17:07

Posted on 23/03/2017 17:07

Well, I'm not sure what the gripe is. Yes, your first port of call was with the dealer. I guess if you had taken it back to the dealers as is usual, there would have been no cost to you except travel. Sounds like Alde did a pretty good job in correctly honouring the warranty and their 'mistake' in sending a replacement means you can sell that pump to off set the cost of the call out engineer. 

replied on 23/03/2017 17:53

Posted on 23/03/2017 17:53

From what I understand Petal, you asked Alde for a number so that you could call a fitter. If you expected Alde to do the repair under warranty surely you would have asked them to sort that out. It does not sound as if you had reached an understanding with them and just went off your own bat. You sent them a failed pump and they replaced it F.O.C.

When I needed some work done on my system that was under warranty the dealer tried to rectify and failed. They could not contact Alde for advice as they were on an annual shutdown. My dealer asked if I would be prepared to take the caravan down to Alde if the work was organised. The journey was 150 miles each way and so 3 hours drive each way. The dealer offered to compensate me by carrying out the next service F.O.C. and covering the cost of my site fees. The alternative was for the dealer to do the work after consulting Alde.

I stayed on a very nice CL, enjoyed my visit to Alde. 

Heethers replied on 30/03/2017 13:57

Posted on 30/03/2017 13:57

Can't praise Alde enough last week on site our system kept going out on over temp rang the dealer who tried to help but couldn't get to the bottom of the problem, he advised me to ring Alde nice gentleman their who l think was called Neil ask me to read the errors which l did to him over the phone, has soon has he had the error message read to him he said not problem. He told me to open the control box on top of the boiler, remove the white and blue 12 volt cable which was attached by a phone plug and plug it in to the spare at the side,  hey presto fault cleared. At the next service he advised to have the dealer clean the contact, he also had me check the rest of the system by going through the control panel took all of 15 minutes. What looked like cutting our stay as it was rather chilly into salvaging our holiday. Thanks Alde for your help.

ScreenName518559711B replied on 08/01/2022 14:02

Posted on 08/01/2022 14:02

I totally agree with Easy T, If you had also consulted the Swift handbook it would give you contact numbers for Swift Customer service or you could have used a search engine to find the nearest Swift dealer, you could also join the Swift Owners club and they have a whole array of support and help with contacts and members who could have helped you and they would have pointed you in the direction of Oxford, Swindon or Reading caravan centres who are authorised dealers and would have been able to help, but that would have been done by ALDE anyway had you gone through the CORRECT warranty channels. I guess e-bay will be the better option this time.

Fozzie replied on 09/01/2022 15:47

Posted on 09/01/2022 15:47

This reply is to a post nearly 5 years old now.By looking at the screen name possibly a new member so how do they find these old posts?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook