We are looking for members with electric cars

RowenaBCAMC replied on 03/07/2018 10:55

Posted on 03/07/2018 10:55

Electric vehicles are a very engaged topic on Club Together and we would like to find out more from someone who has a fully electric vehicle. If you have one and are up for sharing your experiences then please email community.manager@camc.com FAO of Jo Lawson. We would also love to learn about your experiences below. 

Vulcan replied on 05/07/2018 20:20

Posted on 05/07/2018 20:20

With the charging infrastructure as it is and current range limitations I doubt if you will find many people towing a caravan with an electric vehicle.

brue replied on 05/07/2018 20:41

Posted on 05/07/2018 20:41

We have a full EV with a range extender. It hasn't got a tow bar, very few EVs have passed homologation for towing. I think Tesla have a tow car. I added the YouTube video of the Tesla in Australia on a previous thread but here it is again if anyone wants to see it. Some hybrids can tow but these are not fully EV.

We are happy with our EV, would love to have a tow bar fitted but have to wait for this next development. We have made enquiries as far as the USA but no news yet.

brue replied on 05/07/2018 20:45

Posted on 03/07/2018 11:00 by JVB66

Would that cover the milk float that i used to ride in when helping uot on a milk round innocent

Posted on 05/07/2018 20:45

We're used to the milk float jokes but I believe certain supermarkets are now thinking of using electric powered vehicles for deliveries. Watch this space. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook