Volvo XC60

KnutsinMay replied on 10/06/2019 17:16

Posted on 10/06/2019 17:16

Hello.  I put an earlier post on here asking for advice about a certain make of tow car I was considering. However, I think I have now shifted my thoughts to purchasing a 2018 Volvo XC60. This car appears to have good towing reviews. The new caravan I am soon to take on the road has an MTPLM of 1467kg. The initial checks I have made appear to suggest that I've no real need to get the D5 version of the Volvo XC60, but instead the D4 Momentum version would be perfectly fine. Most grateful if any current or past owners of the vehicle could confirm this and offer any other pros/cons that I perhaps should be aware of.    

Tigi replied on 10/06/2019 20:21

Posted on 10/06/2019 20:21

I have a 2018 D5 Version, the only advantage with the D5 is it is slightly faster off the mark I doubt if there is a great advantage from purely a towing aspect I can confirm there is more than enough power, comfortable car with good seating. Have done about 1200` towing so far with no problem.

allanandjean replied on 11/06/2019 06:35

Posted on 11/06/2019 06:35

Hi, I have posted on your other thread and as the two cars you mention are so similar I would be arranging a day in each at a dealers to compare.

Its OK looking at specs etc but you may drive it and think immediately this is not for me!.

Good luck.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook