Peugeot 3008 possible purchase

playtent replied on 30/12/2018 08:06

Posted on 30/12/2018 08:06

Hi, I am hoping that you may be able to assist. I am considering changing my VW Passat 2.0 diesel for a 2016 ‘Peugeot 3008 1.6 blueHDI 120bhp Allure’. The caravan club car match seems to show as a reasonable my with my ‘Bailey Ranger 380/2 2013’ (kerb weight 80%, towing limit 69%, gross train weight 84%, nose weight unknown, bhp per ton 46). Other sites say this vehicle is not a good match. The last thing I want to do is purchase a car that is not suitable. I am not worried about driving fast or if it’s a little sluggish but don’t want to struggle completely when going up hill etc. I am having difficulty understanding the weights. Can anyone assist?

Thanks

Metheven replied on 30/12/2018 10:04

Posted on 30/12/2018 10:04

It's a reasonable match but won't set the world on fire, not as good as the Passat for sure. You don't state whether it is a manual or an Auto, so there may be an extra limitation stated. The noseweight of the 1.6 is 70kg I believe compared to the 80kg on the 2.0 litre so need to be careful in loading at the front.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook