Latest BMW 5 Series Touring

birderbilly replied on 24/08/2018 13:05

Posted on 24/08/2018 13:05

Is anyone on here towing with the latest (G31) BMW 5 Series Touring ?  I am trying to find some information about the factory fit towbar but not having much luck.  It is the clearance to the bumper that I need info on, I am well aware of wiring issues.  Thanks

Miggs replied on 28/08/2018 17:45

Posted on 28/08/2018 17:45

I have the F11 with the factory electric bar. The ball is very close to the bumper and the issue I always seem to get is when I raise the hitch off the ball, the hitch spring decompresses and hits the bumper.

lornalou1 replied on 28/08/2018 20:53

Posted on 28/08/2018 17:45 by Miggs

I have the F11 with the factory electric bar. The ball is very close to the bumper and the issue I always seem to get is when I raise the hitch off the ball, the hitch spring decompresses and hits the bumper.

Posted on 28/08/2018 20:53

that's because you are not driving forward a couple of feet to extend the damper/hitch when pitching up. I even put handbreak on in storage site as slopes and then drive forward a little.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook