Ford Kuga towbar

easygoing replied on 26/10/2018 16:37

Posted on 26/10/2018 16:37

can anyone in co durham recommend a good towbar fitting firm for my 2018 kuga .going for a fixed one any idea on price ? does it need dedicated elecs or will universal be ok many thanks   

Tammygirl replied on 26/10/2018 18:13

Posted on 26/10/2018 18:13

We recently we had a towbar fitted to our Kuga.

The garage did the work, we had a Witter flange type towbar fitted, which we ordered and paid for. They ordered a Ford wiring loom and fitted both parts. 

We required this type of towbar as we use a Witter bike rack. The garage wanted to fit a removable tow ball type but that is not compatible with the Witter bike rack.

Cost was I believe around £550

OH suggested Hedleys of Durham might be work a look, they make trailers (we had one made to our design) he believes they also fit tow bars.

Cornersteady replied on 26/10/2018 19:05

Posted on 26/10/2018 19:05

Yes Hedleys have a good reputation, and if you ask for a local dealer to fit a towbar they actually get them to do it at the dealer's premises rather than use their own mechanics.

Also we had a problem once with lights not working and they fixed it free of charge even though we had not bought it from them. It was a two minute job but still good.

I believe that dedicated manufacture's wiring is best as it will do clever stuff like switch off the sensors when electrics attached.

Settermum replied on 26/10/2018 20:19

Posted on 26/10/2018 20:19

Yes, Hedley's have done 3 for us on various cars including a Kuga. Albeit a Mk1. They're on the Dragonville Ind Est but they come out and fit the tow bar at your own home at no extra charge. I can highly recommend them.

TonyBurton replied on 28/10/2018 21:07

Posted on 28/10/2018 21:07

Be careful. I bought a used Kuga and had a towbar fitted locally. I’m very pleased with it. However, the Kuga has a trailer stability function that only works with a Ford fitted unit. It has not been possible to upgrade mine.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook