Does size make a difference

KountryLite replied on 03/09/2018 18:10

Posted on 03/09/2018 18:10

Having gone from a 7.6in wide 5th wheeler to an 8ft caravan, I’m surprised how little difference it makes when driving. However once parked on site the Tardis effect kicks in, the additional space is very apparent

Have others noticed the same effect.

KountryLite replied on 04/09/2018 10:55

Posted on 03/09/2018 18:57 by Tinwheeler

My 6m x 2m PVC is surprisingly roomy even though those dimensions include the driving bit at the sharp end.

Posted on 04/09/2018 10:55

I’m afraid OH and I spending up to 4 months at a time away in such a small space, I would probably now be looking at conviction for premeditated murder.

But of course each to their own

Wildwood replied on 04/09/2018 11:33

Posted on 04/09/2018 11:33

We did start with a 6' 10" wide caravan and as the widths increased it has not been noticeable, except in Devon trying to get to Plymouth Sound on some very narrow roads, although not reached 8' as yet.

Despite the caravans getting longer the difference has not been a problem.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook