Alhambra Factory Fitted Towbars.

Baggers241 replied on 01/10/2018 13:31

Posted on 01/10/2018 13:31

I have a June 2018 Alhambra Xcellence DSG Auto with a factory fitted towbar.  The manual (May 2017 version) says that when a trailer/caravan is connected the tailgate is inhibited as is the start stop system.  It also says that the electronic handbrake will not release until the drivers door is closed and his seat belt is fastened.  None of this happens.  As I previously had a 2014 Alhambra in which it all worked as advertised I have complained to the supplying dealer.  There answer is that SEAT have said all these features have been removed from the latest models but the handbook may not have been updated.

Does any other member have the same vehicle and if so, can they check and see what happens on theirs?

EmilysDad replied on 01/10/2018 13:59

Posted on 01/10/2018 13:59

Digressing from the question, but ..... thanks for the heads up ..... I will decide when the hand brake of my car is released & it's not always with my seat belt fastened. Bl**dy Nanny State.

Navigateur replied on 01/10/2018 14:31

Posted on 01/10/2018 14:31

Pursuing the digression - I think one of the reversing lights on my Land Rover may show red not white, but I'm not allowed to get out to look without it driving off on its own (backwards of course).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook