AL-KO spring assembly

replied on 26/04/2019 17:58

Posted on 26/04/2019 17:58

I've recently taken my 1 year old Coachman Kimberley Vision 450 in for its first service.  During the service, Kimberley noted the spring under the A frame is bent.  They have contacted AL-KO who have said this occurs in one of two ways - 1.  when delivering the caravan, the delivery driver hooks onto the spring assembly when loading or un-loading the caravan or 2. the jockey wheel is rotated forward when lifted and then when an obstacle such as a sleeping policeman is encountered the upward force causes a bend in the spring assembly.  AL-KO are basically saying "not our fault".  I am an experienced caravanner and do not position the jockey wheel in this way when towing.

Kimberley then contacted Coachman.  when they eventually spoke to Coachman, they apparently laughed and said not our fault and if it had been reported within 30 days they might have considered it but not now.  I explained that as a rule, I don't look under the A frame of a brand new caravan to see if a spring is bent!

Kimberley are also saying "not our fault".  so they are all trying to wash their hands of this.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

I've had several other problems with this caravan, including a "blown" front window, a defective motor mover, a fridge door incorrectly fitted (which came off during towing), and a few niggly finishing issues.  Not what I would expect from Coachman.  A Friday caravan methinks.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook