2018 Caravans with L.E.D. Roadlights

Scottie2 replied on 14/02/2018 12:02

Posted on 14/02/2018 12:02

Taking delivery of a 2018 Challenger 480 in mid March...Will be towing it with a 2015 mk5  TDCI Mondeo 1997cc Zetec Eco. Can anyone advise whether I am likely to have any problems with the road lights when towing ....Would appreciate your advice.

scotts replied on 24/12/2018 08:41

Posted on 24/12/2018 08:41

Hi there I’ve just purchased a new xc90 last week & my led lights don’t work at all on my 2017 Swift Conqueror but they do on my old trailer (old school bulbs). I must say that they did work on my previous car a Nissan Pathfinder & that had a sergeant vlm box fitted to the caravan. So does anyone know if one is needed or what model type is if I do need one? Only there are 7 to choose from on the sergeant website. My van is in storage so can’t check what’s in there

Cherokee2015 replied on 26/12/2018 19:39

Posted on 19/02/2018 15:01 by xtrailman

I took delivery of a Swift last year.

I have a bypass system so expected no issues, however although everything worked ok the indicator buzz noise wasn't working.

So I did have a VLM box fitted, it took the fitter 10 mins to fit and is plug and play.

Just make sure that you hook your car up to the new van and test everything before you pay, I got mine FOC. smile

Posted on 26/12/2018 19:39

We were aware of this problem prior to collecting our new to us van.   We took our car to the dealership before the due date to test it as we were unsure. Turned out we needed a VLM and it was provided F.o.c by dealer and fitted by them ready for collection.   A good dealer will be able to help as will Sargent who were also very knowledgeable when asked for advice. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook