Burstner Delfin 240v hook up issue

Toncaz replied on 16/10/2021 18:41

Posted on 16/10/2021 18:41

Just purchased a Burstner Delfin T700 (Renault) 07 plate

Gave it a three day run out just to see how things are, Had a problem unknown at the time but when I hooked up to the 240v on site all 240v items are ok (fridge, TV Radio etc, after day three there was no 12v stuff working even thought I was still hooked up, the battery had dropped to 11v and shut everything down, un plugged 240v turned box off and on started motorhome and all was ok again, Do you have to turn Box on and off once you have hooked up or do I have a problem.

Cheers

Cornersteady replied on 16/10/2021 18:48

Posted on 16/10/2021 18:48

I'm not familiar with your van but on ours the EHU simply charges the battery and the battery runs all the 12V devices. When the battery falls below a certain limit it gets charged again. 

It sounds as if your battery isn't being charged, again on ours you have to switch the charger on, is this the same for you?

PS I realise this is for a caravan but hopefully this might help. Sorry if it doesn't 

Tinwheeler replied on 16/10/2021 18:58

Posted on 16/10/2021 18:58

It’s as Corners described, Toncaz, so it looks like you have a problem with the charger. Hopefully, it’s just a matter of not having turned it on but I’m not familiar with the Burstner set up.

Toncaz replied on 18/10/2021 10:12

Posted on 18/10/2021 10:12

Thanks for the replies, made further enquires and there is no switch on a Burstner, its basicly a plug and go, so will get multimeter out and hope it is just a fuse.

Cheers Tony

ninkumpoop replied on 20/10/2021 16:36

Posted on 20/10/2021 16:36

Hello,

I have a 07 Renault. It has a CBE charger which does have an on/off switch on the front.

I can't see a reason for this on an everyday point.

It's all controlled through the CBE control panel which tells you the state of each battery.

Hope that helps

BTW there is a fuse in the charger itself

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook