Waste hose advice please

AndrewY replied on 13/09/2021 17:40

Posted on 13/09/2021 17:40

What is a sensible length of waste hose to buy for use with my motorhome on serviced pitches. Also I assume nearly all mh use 28.5mm hose?

SteveL replied on 13/09/2021 18:04

Posted on 13/09/2021 18:04

I bought 8 metres of the Collapz flex waste pipe LINK and the adaptor, which will suit any possible outlet. Since I purchased them the most I have had to use is 5, so plenty in reserve. Not cheap but very good, much better than the uncontrollable coiled snakes I used to use. Packs away really neatly in a bag.

Freedom a whitebox replied on 13/09/2021 19:19

Posted on 13/09/2021 18:04 by SteveL

I bought 8 metres of the Collapz flex waste pipe LINK and the adaptor, which will suit any possible outlet. Since I purchased them the most I have had to use is 5, so plenty in reserve. Not cheap but very good, much better than the uncontrollable coiled snakes I used to use. Packs away really neatly in a bag.

Posted on 13/09/2021 19:19

The flexible metre lengths are handy as you don’t end up with trying to lose excess pipe when the waste point is close by, but it’s unforgiving when some mindless person walks across your pitch and steps on the pipe and crushes it flat

Hja replied on 13/09/2021 19:48

Posted on 13/09/2021 19:48

We bought 5m of corrugated waste pipe from caravan dealer. Fine in most case for drain into hedges etc, although we also have a couple of 1m lengths we had anyway which we can join using pipe connectors.

Didnt know about Collapz at the time.  True our pipe can be a bit unwieldy at times, but it was quite cheap!

richardandros replied on 14/09/2021 05:19

Posted on 14/09/2021 05:19

I have the same - although in our caravan, not motorhome. It is so convenient to store that it lives in the van permanently just in case I need it / can use it. I also have about 20m of water hose, in three different lengths that join together although I only tend to put that in if I definitely know we are going somewhere where I can plumb into the water.

SteveL replied on 14/09/2021 07:02

Posted on 13/09/2021 19:19 by Freedom a whitebox

The flexible metre lengths are handy as you don’t end up with trying to lose excess pipe when the waste point is close by, but it’s unforgiving when some mindless person walks across your pitch and steps on the pipe and crushes it flat

Posted on 14/09/2021 07:02

I did think it might be a bit vulnerable to pitch cutters, particularly in a MH where there is nothing alongside. I much prefer the pitches with the drains in the middle back, rather than the new sort with everything on a bollard in the LH corner. They also generally require a longer run.

DSB replied on 14/09/2021 07:03

Posted on 14/09/2021 07:03

We have exactly the same.  Excellent piece of Kit.  Expensive, but thoroughly recommend.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook