TV Bracket Unicorn Cadiz Black Edition 2021

Tinwheeler replied on 30/10/2021 12:44

Posted on 30/10/2021 12:44

I don’t know your caravan at all so it’s a bit tricky.

I’ve righted your photo but can’t make out what is on the other side of that wall panel. Ideally you would need to put some form of reinforcement on the other side as such bulkheads are usually not very substantial.

Dave Nicholson replied on 30/10/2021 19:38

Posted on 30/10/2021 19:38

I suggest you work out whether the panel is solid or is hollow (two thin skins, hollow in the gap between them) initially. if it’s solid and you have access to the back of it then you could bolt the TV bracket to the panel with threaded screws and nuts behind. You would need a backing plate  or large penny washers under the nuts to spread the load at the rear.

if the panel is hollow then it becomes more complicated. Packers or spacers will be required to fill the gap between the two skins plus a backing plate under the nuts. It’s doable but what ever method you use I would not recommend towing with the TV attached to the bracket.

Lindakis replied on 30/10/2021 20:22

Posted on 30/10/2021 20:22

Thanks for the replies so far. The panel is hollow and behind it is the tall Dometic fridge. Shame that Bailey didn't  incorporate a TV Bracket in the build as it appears an impossible task unless the fridge is removed, Guess I'll have to settle with it standing on the unit top. Thanks again.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/10/2021 21:39

Posted on 30/10/2021 20:22 by Lindakis

Thanks for the replies so far. The panel is hollow and behind it is the tall Dometic fridge. Shame that Bailey didn't  incorporate a TV Bracket in the build as it appears an impossible task unless the fridge is removed, Guess I'll have to settle with it standing on the unit top. Thanks again.

Posted on 30/10/2021 21:39

I think that you have answered the reason why Bailey's haven't fit a bracket, too much bother to do for the few that would use/require them.

Alex Cassells replied on 05/11/2021 07:52

Posted on 05/11/2021 07:52

Hi Lindakis,

When we bought ours, we asked the dealer to fit a bracket there, they said it couldn't be done. Sorry, I can't remember the precise rereason why.

I'm sure I've seen a bracket there, either in another version or model range of Bailey. That's why we asked for one to be fitted there.

They did manage to fit one on the other side of the fridge, in the bedroom.

Cheers, Alex

eribaMotters replied on 05/11/2021 11:44

Posted on 05/11/2021 11:44

Do you have a cupboard above the area shown. I took an alternative route to TV fixing in my Eriba by hanging it underneath a top cupboard. I used a stainless kitchen bar handle bolted through with washers either side. Two strips of aluminium bent to hook over the handle are fitted to the back of the TV in the Vesa mounting holes. An alternative to the metal strips would be a thin piece of plywood with a couple of large cable or small pipe clips to hook over the handle. 

This method works a treat as I can hook the TV into place in seconds. The bar handle also does not look out of place when the TV is not being used.

Colin

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook