TV and wifi

Murrag replied on 15/10/2020 13:16

Posted on 15/10/2020 13:16

Does anyone know how I can connect my TV to the caravan club wifi? I can search for wifi, it finds it but I can't sign in so it won't connect. We have a Blaupunkt smart TV. Is there a way round this via some other device? Thank you 

SteveL replied on 15/10/2020 13:33

Posted on 15/10/2020 13:33

No idea on how to connect. However, the club Wifi is not designed for streaming and that is stated on the wifi information page. Although it could do with being in much larger text. Even on gold and silver sites there would be insufficient bandwidth available once a few others were online at the same time. All you would succeed in doing is clogging up the system making it generally unusable, even for emails and general browsing, which is its intended use. On bronze sites there would be no chance. Using a MiFi or linking to your phone would be the best bet, as long as a 4G signal is available.

Goldie146 replied on 15/10/2020 13:39

Posted on 15/10/2020 13:39

We use 4g on my phone and connect it via a cable to a HDMI port on an old TV. Then whatever we see/watch on the phone is visible on the TV. I'm not sure if that would work with Netflix and the like as we only use I-Player.

MotorHomer2 replied on 15/10/2020 15:03

Posted on 15/10/2020 15:03

As Goldie says, use your mobile 4G. Setup a portable hot-spot then connect your TV to this. Will depend on a good mobile data signal though. 

Amesford replied on 15/10/2020 18:01

Posted on 15/10/2020 13:16 by Murrag

Does anyone know how I can connect my TV to the caravan club wifi? I can search for wifi, it finds it but I can't sign in so it won't connect. We have a Blaupunkt smart TV. Is there a way round this via some other device? Thank you 

Posted on 15/10/2020 18:01

You would not be popular if you did as no else would get a look in and you watching a frozen screen, We have a 4g wifi hub so we could watch  Sky go and  BBC I player with our laptop hooked up to the TV via a HMDI lead  that's providing we have a good signal of course

JVB66 replied on 15/10/2020 18:47

Posted on 15/10/2020 18:47

Why would you need tv connected to club wifi? as it is not as the WiFi information advises  it is to be used on the majority  of sites

hitchglitch replied on 15/10/2020 19:20

Posted on 15/10/2020 19:20

I’m guessing here, but If you have a subscription service (rather than using your home router) you have to go through an authentication process. Also, generally you can only login with one device.  Sounds like your TV doesn’t have the option to accept network names/passwords etc.

Phishing replied on 17/10/2020 23:54

Posted on 17/10/2020 23:54

You made the crazy assumption that the site wifi was like proper wifi that most of the world has. It does not have the bandwidth or user capacity but then most on site dont use it, its a demographic thing. 

The connection issue is probably due to a sign in screen issue that a lot of smart tvs struggle to deal with on subscription type systems. Try changing your default browser to Chrome or Opera, download the aps at home. 

Forget using the site wifi its usless in most locations. Get a mifi router and a pre paid data card and you will be able to stream via wifi to your TV. You can use you phone tethered but this is data heavy and phones do not have good enough antenna in a lot of locations.

Golfmad replied on 21/03/2022 17:14

Posted on 21/03/2022 17:14

I use my fire stick linked to my iPhone’s hotspot, works well with Netflix and Prime.

Data useage could be a problem for some, but after my last year’s fiascos with the Club’s site Wi-Fi, decided to up my data package and not use the Club. Chose Smarty and now have 8 GB, instead of the 1 GB, with previous supplier and now cheap as chips.

SteveL replied on 21/03/2022 21:38

Posted on 21/03/2022 17:14 by Golfmad

I use my fire stick linked to my iPhone’s hotspot, works well with Netflix and Prime.

Data useage could be a problem for some, but after my last year’s fiascos with the Club’s site Wi-Fi, decided to up my data package and not use the Club. Chose Smarty and now have 8 GB, instead of the 1 GB, with previous supplier and now cheap as chips.

Posted on 21/03/2022 21:38

You will need more than that if you are going to watch much. I watched the GP qualifying on Saturday on my pad. It used 1.5 GB. However it was use it or loose it, as there is no carry forward on my contract.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook