Truma code 255

Mari replied on 06/06/2021 07:27

Posted on 06/06/2021 07:27

Can someone please help long story but bear with me, we had a code 255 come up on truma panel in April, we tried to do a reset on panel and in doing so lost all icons except clock and spanner, couldn't fix the problem so decided maybe panel broke so purchased another, put it on all icons back but still 255 code couldn't seem to clear this by doing a few things what people said unhook electric and battery and try again, very frustrated and reluctantly pressed reset again, again no icons just spanner so now have 2 panels not working, I will add that before all this happened it was on my drive plugged in to electric and all working fine, then we got to caravan club site plugged in and the code 255 arrived my head is spinning cos I think its something silly 

Mari replied on 06/06/2021 19:22

Posted on 06/06/2021 16:18 by SeasideBill

On the control panel, what devices are listed on the display when you check the status? You should see something like C3.00.1 and H5.00.00 confirming that the control panel is ‘seeing’ the combi.

Posted on 06/06/2021 19:22

Its 40300

Mari replied on 06/06/2021 20:23

Posted on 06/06/2021 16:15 by young thomas

ok, the only thing i can suggest (other than ringing Truma who are very helpful) is to completely power everything down....

un plug mains, disconnect (or isolate) all leisure 12v systems and wait at least 15mins....this is the time Truma have suggested for some of their other 12v related errors.

then turn on 12v. perhaps forget mains at this point and just try to get the unit powered up....then try it on gas.....if it works, bring up mains and test other power sources.

good luck.

Posted on 06/06/2021 20:23

Done that still nothing weve given up now will have to take it on holiday now for 3 weeks without water or heating so frustrating 

SeasideBill replied on 06/06/2021 21:21

Posted on 06/06/2021 19:22 by Mari

Its 40300

Posted on 06/06/2021 21:21

Presumably that’s prefixed with a ‘C’? I’d expect another code prefixed with ‘H’ confirming the combi as a recognised device. I suspect there is absolutely no problem with your control panel. What you describe with loss of icons is normal when a device isn’t recognised - it’s happened to me.

While you are away, you might try and get a mobile engineer out to take a look. Folks on here might be able to recommend someone if you tell us where you’ll be going?

Mari replied on 06/06/2021 22:26

Posted on 06/06/2021 21:21 by SeasideBill

Presumably that’s prefixed with a ‘C’? I’d expect another code prefixed with ‘H’ confirming the combi as a recognised device. I suspect there is absolutely no problem with your control panel. What you describe with loss of icons is normal when a device isn’t recognised - it’s happened to me.

While you are away, you might try and get a mobile engineer out to take a look. Folks on here might be able to recommend someone if you tell us where you’ll be going?

Posted on 06/06/2021 22:26

Yes we were thinking along those lines but a rang one repair centre in brean where were heading first and they said no chance for at least 2 months, so we will try when we are there, then we go on to port Isaacs in Cornwall but I suspect the same anywhere with a good engineer they will be busy its a nightmare weve spent 3 days trying everything 

Tinwheeler replied on 06/06/2021 22:35

Posted on 06/06/2021 22:26 by Mari

Yes we were thinking along those lines but a rang one repair centre in brean where were heading first and they said no chance for at least 2 months, so we will try when we are there, then we go on to port Isaacs in Cornwall but I suspect the same anywhere with a good engineer they will be busy its a nightmare weve spent 3 days trying everything 

Posted on 06/06/2021 22:35

You’re likely to have more chance of finding someone to fix it in Somerset than in Cornwall, especially in the Port Isaac area😕

SeasideBill replied on 07/06/2021 07:14

Posted on 06/06/2021 22:26 by Mari

Posted on 07/06/2021 07:14

You could try SW Caravan Services while you’re in North Cornwall area. However, as you’ve already discovered they’re all crazy busy this year. Mine has spent time in the workshop for the same fault without resolution. At least given better weather and site facilities restored it’s easier to tour without heating & hot water, and intermittent fault is better than nothing.

BRANDONandCHARLOTTE replied on 12/11/2021 17:17

Posted on 12/11/2021 17:17

I’ve had the same intermittent fault with W255 code appearing for over a year on my Truma 6E. I’m still exploring what the cause may be but regarding resetting the system to clear the code, the easiest way is to remove the 12v supply fuse under the plastic cover on the boiler, wait a few seconds and reinsert it. It normally works every time and the control panel will have found the boiler by the time you walk back to it. Messing about with the control panel won’t clear the fault codes as the boiler is still powered on and needs to be reset.
I’m starting to suspect the PCB on the boiler is at fault - maybe a dry joint. I’m considering sending the board away to be tested (several people advertise a test service on EBay).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook