Trigano 310 pop top tv aerial socket

Sharktale replied on 12/05/2023 11:36

Posted on 12/05/2023 11:36

Hi all, at the moment I'm using an omni directional aerial which I just plug in to the back of my TV, however, there is a single aerial socket in my caravan but for the life of me I have no idea how to use it, there's no outdoor aerial attached and I have no idea about it. Does anyone know??? Can't find anything on Google.

Thanks

SteveL replied on 12/05/2023 11:55

Posted on 12/05/2023 11:55

Perhaps it connects to an outside socket. Is there a coaxial socket on the outside of the van anywhere? Quite a few CAMC sites have a TV connector on the EHU bollard which you connect with a lead to the socket on the caravan.

eribaMotters replied on 12/05/2023 17:15

Posted on 12/05/2023 17:15

On my first and second Eriba pop-tops I had a co-axial cable terminating inside a top locker, where realistically you could access it neatly as you may be thinking of locating a tv in the area. 

The wiring went down vertically behind the wall board and emerged under a protective plastic cover in a base locker.

The idea was it would be far easier to access this lower point with a feed from an outside aerial than the higher point where your TV was probably going to be.

Colin

Sharktale replied on 14/05/2023 23:25

Posted on 14/05/2023 23:25

My caravan is in my garage at the moment, I'm going to get it out later in the week and have a good look. I'll check underneath too. I've no idea how it comes into the caravan. I'll take some photos too. 

Sharktale replied on 21/05/2023 00:16

Posted on 21/05/2023 00:16

I can't find anything outside. There's a lead that goes down the inside of the cupboard, where the aerial socket is, it goes underneath the caravan to the other side and then by the battery box, but there's nothing. Maybe it's been taken out and the switch for the motor mover has been put there??? But I don't see why it would go over one side underneath and back. Very strange. 

netcam replied on 08/06/2023 11:52

Posted on 08/06/2023 11:52

We have a Trigano Mini 290 and have one of those aerial sockets too, never figured out how to use it, looks like it goes into the wardrobe but not sure what happens to the cable after that. But to be honest we don't watch live TV. Just download Netflix to the phone and Miracast it to our little Smart TV while we are away.

EmilysDad replied on 08/06/2023 17:11

Posted on 08/06/2023 17:11

there's an external aerial socket on the side of my Coachman. The cable to/from it ends at the aerial inside my wardrobe, I can either connect the lead from the roof aerial to the amplifier or the cable from the external socket to the amp ..... it just saves having an aerial lead going through a window. I then plug my telly co-ax into the aerial socket integrated with the mains socket

Aitch5 replied on 07/07/2023 21:22

Posted on 07/07/2023 21:22

Take a look at the A frame - there is likely to be a coiled up coax cable tucked hidden away in the A frame (my 340 has).  Buy an extension and external aerial kit (Toolstation do a caravan leisure aerial kit for £35 but I don’t think it works well in weak signal areas).  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook