To empty onboard water tank in a Bailey Cordoba?

Annegp replied on 12/12/2021 17:32

Posted on 12/12/2021 17:32

We have just bought privately a 2016 Bailey Cordoba.  Just reading all the manuals re the systems (previously had a Bessacarr  motorhome so not totally new experience for us). 

Query is -  how is the onboard cold water storage tank emptied? 

Have found the valve which needs to be opened to fill until it overflows and then close it (blue pipe left of offside bed box). It's currently turned in line, so believe it will fill if we wanted it to.

Found the valve which needs to be opened to drain the Alde hot water tank (yellow switch at right of the offside bedbox by the heater) current in the 'up' mode so believe the drain is open so will empty if we tried to pump water into it.

Can't find any other valve to drain directly the cold water storage tank - so in order to drain it, does the yellow switch need to be 'up' and the internal pump turned on to drain the cold water storage tank until the water stops running under the van? - or will just using the yellow switch by the pump drain that also?

We were told there is no water in the van, but just want to make sure van is empty of water for the winter, and for future reference.

Any help appreciated. 

Annegp replied on 12/12/2021 17:35

Posted on 12/12/2021 17:35

I should have said does the yellow switch by the heater (not the pump) drain that also?

Sorry for any confusion!

replied on 12/12/2021 18:08

Posted on 12/12/2021 18:08

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Navigateur replied on 12/12/2021 18:11

Posted on 12/12/2021 18:11

My Bailey is a good bit older but the drain for the inboard tank is outside, underneath, and quite a way back from the tank.  Have a look for a pipe from under the tank leading to a valve hidden somewhere.

You can use the yellow valve and a running pump to empty some of the water, but not all. There will be some in the bottom of the tank well, and in the drain pipe.   There will also be water in the other pipes in the caravan, as yellow valve does not deal with any water that is "over the hill" from it as pipes wind about inside.   I have drained my caravan using air pressure and get about another two litres out that way.

When sterilising, remember to deal with that length of drain pipe as well.

Tinwheeler replied on 12/12/2021 19:17

Posted on 12/12/2021 18:15 by chrissies

It doesn’t have a onboard cold water tank just a hot water one 

Posted on 12/12/2021 19:17

That’s strange as there are several hits on Google for filling the onboard water tank, including this old CT thread -

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/information-technical-tips-advice/caravans/bailey-unicorn-3-cordoba/

It's no help to the OP I’m afraid but looking at the Bailey spec it looks as if maybe only some models have the onboard tank.

Annegp replied on 12/12/2021 19:59

Posted on 12/12/2021 19:59

The Cordoba does have a 40 litre water tank.  It's a black plastic one at left side of the offside bed box.  Can post a photo if anyone needs it.

Filled via normal supply, but valve has to be switched on, until it overflows to outlet outside (meaning the tank is full) and then switched off. So water will be to top of tank.

Another David - Don't think there is access above the tank to get to any screw on cap as that is the front of van, with no access as far as I know. Don't know where exactly the internal pump is located.

Navigateur - I have found a pic of where the outside drain is and will see, when we get some dry weather, if there is a valve there.  Person we bought off said they had put a hose on the end of taps and blown back through them to drain the water.

Think I will have to clarify with previous owner re the onboard tank.  Don't know if they ever used it anyway, but it is recommended for winter use rather than the aqua roll.

Can't understand why there is no diagram of how it all works and which valve is where - jobs for the boys comes to mind! :0)

Thanks for all the replies

Annegp replied on 13/12/2021 00:13

Posted on 13/12/2021 00:13

Just found this video regarding a Bailey Unicorn 4 - but the valves appear the same as on my Unicorn 3 - at least the two I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_eujrwb6XU

The one on the blue pipe I thought was for filling the onboard tank is actually the drain down valve - and that is open (with easy access from the front of the bed box).  The other I found is indeed the yellow one for the Alde heater which needs access via the top of the bed box.

It seems the bed box also needs to be open from the top to find the valve to switch from using the water hog pump to feed the taps, to it filling the onboard tank. Once the tank is full (check for water overflowing under the van) turn off the valve used for filling the onboard tank, and switch to internal pump in van to take water from the internal tank to the taps..

I hope the youtube video is useful for others.

NutsyH replied on 13/12/2021 09:43

Posted on 13/12/2021 00:13 by Annegp

Just found this video regarding a Bailey Unicorn 4 - but the valves appear the same as on my Unicorn 3 - at least the two I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_eujrwb6XU

The one on the blue pipe I thought was for filling the onboard tank is actually the drain down valve - and that is open (with easy access from the front of the bed box).  The other I found is indeed the yellow one for the Alde heater which needs access via the top of the bed box.

It seems the bed box also needs to be open from the top to find the valve to switch from using the water hog pump to feed the taps, to it filling the onboard tank. Once the tank is full (check for water overflowing under the van) turn off the valve used for filling the onboard tank, and switch to internal pump in van to take water from the internal tank to the taps..

I hope the youtube video is useful for others.

Posted on 13/12/2021 09:43

Anne

I have a 2015 Cordoba. The above is correct. If you are using water from the onboard tank, you need to switch the pump from external to internal at the control panel. Its all fully explained in the handbook.

Its a real pain having to open the bunk from the top to switch between aquaroll direct use, and filling the onboard tank.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook