Swift Caravans

Robert replied on 09/06/2023 20:19

Posted on 09/06/2023 20:19

Hi All

My 2018 Swift Elegance caravan is currently at Swifts factory having a refit of gas locker 

panels It has taken me over a year for this to happen

The reason being that there was air passage from gas locker into the van very noticeable when windy

Swift did not want to do anything about it even after sending  them a video of smoke entering my van from a smoke pellet put in gas locker

In February this year I spoke to a Tec guy from the NCC showed him the video His reaction That's terrible he would of failed van if he had inspected it I asked if caravan gas lockers are covered by same regulation as motorhomes Gas lockers to be sealed from habitat area He stated that ALL gas lockers should be sealed from habital areas Gas safe are very non committal on this

I had to email the NCC with video attached It took a few weeks to filter through to the right person 

who contacted Swift

Low & behold I had a phone call from Swift saying they wanted my van back the next day

Still waiting for answer from swift after many many requests as to detriment effects of sealing gas locker 

as last year I had email from them to say I could seal it myself but advised against it

It seems I was sold an illegal product as did not conform to regulations

The reason I stuck out on this as if windy & had a gas leak it could of been blown back into the van

So I advise all to check their vans for safety sake

MDD10 replied on 18/06/2023 17:39

Posted on 18/06/2023 17:39

I’m afraid this is just another example of the poor quality of Swift caravans that seems to have occurred since 2016.  The back up is poor and the dealers fobbing off repairs until Swift approve them 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook