Seals around Pegasus front panel

MartinH replied on 12/08/2021 18:21

Posted on 12/08/2021 18:21

The front plastic panel on my Bailey Pegasus caravan has lost some of the sealant along the top, and the two rubber corner seals came loose.

Is water going to enter the caravan because of this, or is this just a decorative cover?

I thought I would get a tube of silicone sealant to fill the gaps. Is this necessary?

MartinH replied on 13/08/2021 18:06

Posted on 13/08/2021 18:06

I agree. Bailey design went through a baroque period - happily they are now out the other side.

Extugger replied on 14/08/2021 08:08

Posted on 14/08/2021 07:56 by cyberyacht

When I read the thread title, I'm inclined to suggest pitching above the high tide mark.

Posted on 14/08/2021 08:08

+1 laughing

viatorem replied on 15/08/2021 07:51

Posted on 15/08/2021 07:51

Having a Unicorn 3 with similar cloaking panels (Bailey's description) yes they are intended to be decorative hence the rubbish seal that doesn't seal. This would be all well and good if the skin of the structural front wall extended below the bottom of the floor. It doesn't and any inevitable water permeates and eventually rots the wood in the floor. Having suffered this I suggest any one with a similar Bailey checks the underside of the front for soggy wood.!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook