New tyres?

viatorem replied on 15/09/2021 09:05

Posted on 15/09/2021 09:05

Bought some new caravan tyres in July as they were 6yrs old. I ordered some online carefully choosing the brand. Arrived with the wheels at the dealership to be told preferred choice not available and a substitute was offered of the same spec which were described as an upgrade being more expensive but with no additional cost. Just putting on my wheel lock and noticed the date code is 2018. I have emailed the company and am currently awaiting a response. Most other tyres that I have had have been around 6 months manufacturing to fitting.

viatorem replied on 01/10/2021 08:30

Posted on 01/10/2021 08:30

Update. Result!

No communication from supplier who is a major UK tyre dealer. However having paid via PayPal I raise a dispute and have been given a full refund. Luckily with PayPal you get 180days after purchase to raise any issues. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/10/2021 09:14

Posted on 01/10/2021 08:30 by viatorem

Update. Result!

No communication from supplier who is a major UK tyre dealer. However having paid via PayPal I raise a dispute and have been given a full refund. Luckily with PayPal you get 180days after purchase to raise any issues. 

Posted on 01/10/2021 09:14

Well done VšŸ‘šŸ», I’m a fan of PayPal too & have been helped out with dodgy suppliers.

DSB replied on 04/10/2021 11:26

Posted on 04/10/2021 11:26

That's good news, Viatorem.  I'm using PayPal more and more for buying stuff online... mainly because I get a bit concerned at the security of using my card associated with my bank account.

On the subject of tyres, that's something I need took at within the next 6 months or so...

David

watto64 replied on 14/10/2021 22:11

Posted on 14/10/2021 22:11

hi 

we use tyres on the drive for car and caravan tyres, i recall thier website making a statement about fitting caravan tyres that were no older than x months from manufacture. our last ones fitted were 2 months post manufacturing date.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook