Fuse for Thetford C262 toilet flush

Divernerd replied on 30/06/2023 13:56

Posted on 30/06/2023 13:56

Hi fellow caravanners

I hope one of you can help me with this please.  After searching the Internet with no joy I'm hoping someone else has experienced this before.  We have a 2012 Lunar Quasar 544 from new and this is the first time we've had a problem with the toilet flush.  Before I buy a new pump etc I want to make sure that it isn't just the fuse that has blown.  There is nothing I can see In the  cassette compartment and there is nothing itemised on the various fuses in the fuse box under the front bench seat.

I can't see it possible that there isn't one somewhere and as Lunar have ceased trading I cannot contact them to find out straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. When it first happened we were were having to manually flush using a water container -but don't want to do that when away on holiday.

Thanks for reading.  Hoping to get a reply soon.

Happy and safe caravanning to all.

Divernerd

chrisandchristine replied on 30/06/2023 15:12

Posted on 30/06/2023 15:12

I have Thetford 260 and fuse located at the far end of the cassette compartment

I realise yours is a C262

Have you contacted Thetford directly

TomL replied on 30/06/2023 18:52

Posted on 30/06/2023 18:52

Are there any former Lunar dealers in your area that you could ask? Did you have your van serviced locally since new and might they be able to help? I'm sure there'll still be a Lunar forum on Facebook and some members there might be useful.

Cornersteady replied on 30/06/2023 18:58

Posted on 30/06/2023 18:58

I'm not sure what model we have but our pump did not work. We searched for the fuse but there was nothing inside the compartment and the wires ran into the caravan. There was no mention of a fuse in the manual.

It was due for a service so we left it till then. Good news it was fixed very cheaply and the pump had seized. 

Tinwheeler replied on 30/06/2023 19:02

Posted on 30/06/2023 19:02

It’s a common problem, Corners, and can often be fixed by accessing the pump and spinning the impeller to free it. I’ve heard it can be caused by use of the Thetford pink which generates gunge 🤷🏻‍♂️

NigelAC replied on 30/06/2023 22:59

Posted on 30/06/2023 22:59

I’ve just had the same problem. My C262 flush in my 2020 Swift wasn’t working. I tried freeing the impeller in the pump but it quickly seized again. The flush is on the 5amp circuit with the 5 amp fuse located in the main fuse panel. The ignition for the stove is on the same 5amp circuit which was working and therefore indicated to me that the fuse was ok. I took the plunge and paid £62 for a new pump. This solved the problem. The pink flush fluid creates the black algae which can clog the pump. In future I will do without the pink flush and drain the water out of the flush tank after every trip.

Hope this helps.

EmilysDad replied on 01/07/2023 07:23

Posted on 01/07/2023 07:23

I'd have thought that draining the flush tank after each trip would allow any black gunge to dry inside the pump & cause more problems .... 🤷‍♂️ But each to their own ....

TonyBurton replied on 11/07/2023 20:26

Posted on 11/07/2023 20:26

The pump failed in my Lunar Quasar. I remember searching high and low for the fuse. In the end I changed the pump. There are very good videos on Youtube explaining how to change it. I remember I had to pull off the sticky push button on the top of the unit to get access to the pump. it was quite easy.

jennyc replied on 29/07/2023 06:23

Posted on 30/06/2023 22:59 by NigelAC

I’ve just had the same problem. My C262 flush in my 2020 Swift wasn’t working. I tried freeing the impeller in the pump but it quickly seized again. The flush is on the 5amp circuit with the 5 amp fuse located in the main fuse panel. The ignition for the stove is on the same 5amp circuit which was working and therefore indicated to me that the fuse was ok. I took the plunge and paid £62 for a new pump. This solved the problem. The pink flush fluid creates the black algae which can clog the pump. In future I will do without the pink flush and drain the water out of the flush tank after every trip.

Hope this helps.

Posted on 29/07/2023 06:23

Pink flush is notorious for its black sludge. It should really have been withdrawn from sale. We currently use Kampa fluid which is designed for use in both tanks.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook