Dometic Fridge 2019 Elddis Affinity 554

Anne54 replied on 23/07/2021 21:30

Posted on 23/07/2021 21:30

I bought the caravan new.  After 6 months the fridge stopped working.  Two and a half months later I managed to get it fixed with a new PCB.

Now, the caravan is 2 1/2 years old and the fridge has packed up again. ( Once again in the middle of summer.)  I have to wait over two weeks for it to be inspected and am told that replacement parts could take up to 46 weeks!  The dealer says it is out of their control.

Anyone else with this problem?

I don't want to use the caravan until it's fixed.... any suggestions?   I can't even sell it in this state! which I now wish to do. 

Also, the caravan had to be returned after its April service for the front windows hinge bar to be resealed.  My neighbor who has an Elddis Avante 2018 had the same problem.  

JohnM20 replied on 05/10/2021 11:30

Posted on 05/10/2021 11:30

A common issue running through this and other threads on this forum is the name Dometic and how poor the quality of their products be it fridges or toilets. Unfortunately I have both in my caravan and had trouble with both, the toilet in particular. If I ever buy another caravan, (doubtful) it will not be one where the name Dometic appears anywhere. Appalling product reliability and rectification from a major company.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook