Concertina Window Blinds

Lunarcpl replied on 01/09/2021 20:41

Posted on 01/09/2021 20:41

Can anyone direct me to a link on how to tension seitz  concertina window blinds.  I have seen information on making them run easier, but ours work themselves down when towing, and a few wont stay fully open at any time.

StuartHopkins1 replied on 09/10/2021 20:40

Posted on 09/10/2021 20:40

Hi, I had to take one off the wall in a previous van due to a broken part, it was quite easy, one screw in each corner of the frames, behind the corner cap piece, just keep the frame together, you will / may need another pair of hands, as it’s a pain to put all the bits back together if they come all apart, then lay it on the table, there is no tension in the frame. All it is, is a cord that has a knot in the top corner that runs down the side across the blind ( in the metal bit that you hold to adjust it) then down the opposite side and is tied in the diagonal corner to where it started, then there’s a cord the does the opposite diagonal route.

just undo the cord and tie it a bit tighter, quite simple, hardest bit is holding the frame square when in your hands ( you’ll see what I mean) hence the second pair of hands

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook