Coachman Daewoo Microwave

JTCamper replied on 21/08/2021 11:43

Posted on 21/08/2021 11:43

Hello all,

On holiday at the moment in damp Scotland. Our microwave stopped working this evening. It has power but not heating. The magnetron is probably fried. 
The microwave is a Daewoo KOR-6L5R has anyone replaced one of these in a Coachman caravan, if so what did you buy and did you need to modify anything?

Jason

DavidKlyne replied on 21/08/2021 23:40

Posted on 21/08/2021 23:40

Jason

No experience of Coachman but I had to swap the Daewoo microwave in my previous Bailey motorhome as it stopped working. I suspect all microwaves of that size will be fairly similar in power terms. Best to measure the Daewoo and start searching online. Bailey suggested a Sharp microwave as the best replacement which I managed to find in Argos at £100 cheaper than going to Bailey, it might be similar if you go to Coachman. Do you know how it fits in? Mine was screwed to a removeable shelf.

David

JTCamper replied on 24/08/2021 12:36

Posted on 21/08/2021 23:40 by DavidKlyne

Jason

No experience of Coachman but I had to swap the Daewoo microwave in my previous Bailey motorhome as it stopped working. I suspect all microwaves of that size will be fairly similar in power terms. Best to measure the Daewoo and start searching online. Bailey suggested a Sharp microwave as the best replacement which I managed to find in Argos at £100 cheaper than going to Bailey, it might be similar if you go to Coachman. Do you know how it fits in? Mine was screwed to a removeable shelf.

David

Posted on 24/08/2021 12:36

Hi David,

It is held in by a piece of wood above the top of the microwave, the wood has two clips on it, it is very easy to remove.

Rufs replied on 24/08/2021 14:09

Posted on 24/08/2021 12:36 by JTCamper

Hi David,

It is held in by a piece of wood above the top of the microwave, the wood has two clips on it, it is very easy to remove.

Posted on 24/08/2021 14:09

Think yours may be same fitting as mine, however, my piece of wood is held on by a magnetic strip, on mine you are advised to remove the microwave when on the move, i simply lift out and put on the floor, I think this is to prevent it from smashing through the roll down front if you should corner a bit sharp,  also it is quite heavy so it means the weight is on the floor not up high, so provided you buy one that fits in the space alocated do not think it would matter what brand you bought

TonyBurton replied on 24/08/2021 21:56

Posted on 24/08/2021 21:56

My Daewoo failed as well. I couldn't work out how to get it out of my Lunar caravan. I asked my dealer to source a suitable replacement and fit it. They fitted a Russell Hobs and charged an hours fitting time. I think it was quite a fiddle to fit.

hitchglitch replied on 25/08/2021 14:36

Posted on 25/08/2021 14:36

It is probably different on a caravan but on Autosleepers motorhomes they drill up from below the support shelf direct into the chassis of the microwave. A bit Heath Robinson in my view but I had to do the same and it was fiddly. You take pot luck on where the screws ends up.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook