Coachman Acadia / Ebor York

teamdavey replied on 11/10/2021 09:49

Posted on 11/10/2021 09:49

We bought a brand new coachman acadia 830xcel in march from ebor at york. we quickly discover a broken shelf / missing shelf and that the fridge veg drawer was incomplete. So far I have had no luck in getting ebor to sort this out - must have emailed / phoned a dozen times - nobody ever phones back or responds to emails. Asked to speak to a manager, get told somebody will ring back but they never do.

I've tried contacting coachman who said they don't deal with the public.

Any advice on how to get this resolved ? 

JVB66 replied on 11/10/2021 10:05

Posted on 11/10/2021 10:05

Ebor are part of the Leisure World Group which includes. Catterick caravans and Tyneside  caravans , try one of the other "companies" and see what they say after you have advised of the poor service

Tinwheeler replied on 11/10/2021 10:15

Posted on 11/10/2021 10:15

Plaster it all over Facebook. 

Alternatively, you could try a recorded delivery letter to their registered address threatening court action if the issue is not resolved within 28 days. Drastic, I know, but you need to make them take notice.

paulfrompontefract replied on 11/10/2021 12:19

Posted on 11/10/2021 12:19

Sorry to hear your woes teamdavey, yet another example of Coachman caravans limiteds lack of quality control in letting an incomplete/substandard unit through their system. They used to be the van to have and came highly recommend by all, now it is the case they are just “ an also ran” in an industry that in most cases takes after sales care with no sense of customer focus or professionalism.  I would go so far as saying that the industry considers us as an annoyance.

I suggest that you go back to the dealer caravan in tow, cause a fuss and don’t leave until you get a satisfactory response.  I did this with a dealer in 2005 when our new van was delivered with 17 warranty faults, I left the van with them uninvited, I asked for a refund and our old van back,  and low and behold two weeks later they brought it back with the work done! 

Let the forum know how you get on.

Oxfordeagle15 replied on 11/10/2021 18:47

Posted on 11/10/2021 18:47

If you were to read the on line reviews about Ebor you will find that you are not alone in your comments and frustrations.  A firm but nicely worded letter of "complaint" addressed to the Managing Director of the parent company (no idea of his or her name) with an open copy to Coachman Caravans would I suggest be your first step and if this does not resolve the problem then seek advice from the Club Legal Department.  Good Luck - I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that it is hoped your disappointments will be soon sorted.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook