Caravan servicing

lamman52 replied on 21/10/2021 17:16

Posted on 21/10/2021 17:16

Hi 

I have an elddis 21/6 rambler (based on avante 840)

I have had it serviced by Wandahome knottingley since new but changed when the warranty expired 

I live in Brentwood Essex and they are by Leeds so looked for someone nearer  

tried Sussex Caravan Centre which serviced ok but arranged for a wash whist in but not sure if they know it has a roof 

any recommendations for service  that are  it as far north as Leeds. 
would prefer it to be an elddis dealer 

thanks. 

Amesford replied on 22/10/2021 11:32

Posted on 22/10/2021 11:32

We bought one of our a caravans from Wanderhome  via the caravan show at the NEC and we  live in Worcestershire but we never had it serviced there because of the distance, as long as you use a workshop approved engineer (mobile or not) you maintain the warranty. Imagine with our present van's 10 year damp proof warranty  trekking up there every year for a service much prefer the let the engineer come to us even if we had bought it from the local dealer 2 miles up the road

lamman52 replied on 22/10/2021 15:01

Posted on 22/10/2021 15:01

When we looked to get it serviced at Sussex Caravan Centre  they said they wouldn’t deal with any warranty claim 

when taking it to Wandahome we would leave it with them 3/4 days and stay in a hotel in York and have a mini break 

lamman52 replied on 22/10/2021 15:04

Posted on 22/10/2021 15:04

Colin 

enquired to AK Leisure for service end of March 2022

Earliest booking was 16th August 2022

back to drawing board 

eribaMotters replied on 22/10/2021 15:20

Posted on 22/10/2021 15:20

I think you may find that is fairly normal. I had my Eriba serviced May 2021 at Red Lion of Southport. When I collected it I enquired about booking for March 2022 to get back to warranty timing and was told bookings not yet being taken. End of Sept 2021 I tried again for March booking and was told fully booked, earliest was late June but I've had to go for late July as we are abroad.

Fortunately it would appear Hymer are offering a 6 month grace period at present.

Colin

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook