Caravan charger

stevvie replied on 26/07/2020 15:48

Posted on 26/07/2020 15:48

hi folks, e have a compass omega 524 and having an issue with the battery, the caravan has not been used until covid started, and my friends daughter was made homeless, so we lent them our van, in the last week the battery has gone flat totally, getting no power for the lights or for water pump, van is getting electrics in, i have got the battery on charge now to see if its charging and holding a charge, my friend is coming round later to check the charging unit is getting power, and if it is, is it putting power out to charge the battery, if it the charger thats faulty, any one have any ideas what to change the charger unit to if this is where the fault lies, under the seat at back of the battery box is a box of fuses, and i have checked everyone of them, and all fuses are ok, would there be any other fuses anywhere if i find power going into the charger, but no power from it to the battery, trying to rule out what might be wrong first, 

Moderator Edit:

I've 'reported' your post in the hope that it can be approved without further delay.  

The moderators can't approve pending posts; it has to be done by HO, contrary to the notification.

stevvie replied on 26/07/2020 22:06

Posted on 26/07/2020 22:06

have now checked power going in, but no output to battery 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook