Best dealerships for servicing and repair

commeyras replied on 01/08/2021 16:25

Posted on 01/08/2021 16:25

Don't use a dealer to service my caravan, they are far too expensive.  I use an excellent mobile engineer to service my caravan.  He will also do any additional minor work in the cost of a service.  I would normally expect to pay for the parts at least but he has replaced the 13 pin connector and breakaway cable (twice!) free of charge.  He also spent quite some time last year getting one of the mover motors working,  again free of charge.  And got the oven gas igniter working properly.  No surprise to hear he is usually fully booked months in advance.  Importantly, he comes to me rather than me having to take my caravan to a dealer.

Cartledge replied on 01/08/2021 17:25

Posted on 01/08/2021 16:25 by commeyras

Don't use a dealer to service my caravan, they are far too expensive.  I use an excellent mobile engineer to service my caravan.  He will also do any additional minor work in the cost of a service.  I would normally expect to pay for the parts at least but he has replaced the 13 pin connector and breakaway cable (twice!) free of charge.  He also spent quite some time last year getting one of the mover motors working,  again free of charge.  And got the oven gas igniter working properly.  No surprise to hear he is usually fully booked months in advance.  Importantly, he comes to me rather than me having to take my caravan to a dealer.

Posted on 01/08/2021 17:25

How does a mobile engineer inspect and work underneath the van without a full sized vehicle hoist? 

commeyras replied on 01/08/2021 18:26

Posted on 01/08/2021 18:26

He jacks it up using an inflatable type jack, inspects, takes off wheels for brake work and suspension check and would, I assume, use axle stands for any long work.  I saw he had them in his van but has never had to do underbody repair work on my van!

Extugger replied on 01/08/2021 19:02

Posted on 01/08/2021 19:02

When I lived on the Shropshire/Cheshire border, I took my Adria to Cara Motorhomes and Caravans in Stoke on Trent and was very happy with their service and prices.

After moving to North Yorkshire, I used a mobile service, Coxys Caravan Service who was excellent also.

cabbiemick replied on 06/08/2021 20:37

Posted on 06/08/2021 20:37

we also use a mobile engineer his fantastic and about half the price comes and does van when were away in it is workshop approved so warrinty  is ok  stamps book and gives you a full check list cant see why anyone would use a dealer for a service   

dave the rave replied on 06/08/2021 21:42

Posted on 01/08/2021 17:25 by Cartledge

How does a mobile engineer inspect and work underneath the van without a full sized vehicle hoist? 

Posted on 06/08/2021 21:42

In the same way that some dealerships do!The use of hydraulic jacks and axle stands!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook