Bailey appear to want to lose sales

wh1nbrew replied on 25/08/2021 17:45

Posted on 25/08/2021 17:45

How crazy.  We are considering a small Bailey to replace our existing van, and like to ensure whichever van we eventually buy, from Bailey or another supplier, it is capable of carrying two electric bicycles (we don't have them, and of course may never get get them to replace existing bikes). 

So, go to the Bailey website "Contact us".  Select request info about a new van.  But it appears you have to already own one of their vans to be able to send an enquiry to them.  I know they are pulled out at the moment, but this is really one way for them to lose sales, especially as 3 retailers couldn't give a definitive answer.

EmilysDad replied on 25/08/2021 18:41

Posted on 25/08/2021 18:41

or .... according to their web site 🙄

Help with anything else
If you need anything else please get in touch using the contact form below. Alternatively you can write to us at Bailey Of Bristol, South Liberty Lane, Bristol, BS3 2SS or call the main switchboard on 0117 313 5733.

DavidKlyne replied on 25/08/2021 21:18

Posted on 25/08/2021 21:18

Have you tried the little question mark on the righthand side of the main page of the website? It seems to be an online chat facility. Also how do you wish to carry the bikes? As this is the Caravan Section I assume you are thinking about a caravan? If so the weight of e-bikes will seriously eat into your payload if you want to carry then in or on the caravan?

David

wh1nbrew replied on 26/08/2021 17:43

Posted on 26/08/2021 17:43

Re the responses (Thanks by the way)

Yes - a possible replacement for our existing small caravan. 

The most important aspects are the size, ideally no bigger than our existing 3.6 metre internal length, but accept we may need to go up a little, and 4.4 / 4/6 metres is far too much - its all wasted space inside as far as we are concerned. It needs to fit on our drive without blocking the world out.  And the internal design and general ambience - hence not the Basecamp, which in respect of size, fits the bill. 

Waiting to have a proper look at the new small Sprite - but the internal design doesn't appear to work as well as our current van (based on Glossop Caravans pikkies).  All other Swifts - too big.  

Re contact details - yes, I saw those, but using their form seems a much more sensible way of doing it for both us and them - but being forced to phone / snail mail just because we don't already have a bailey seems daft.  

And re weight, we know this is likely to be a problem - but fitting E bikes in the car is harder than packing with the other normal stuff which normally goes in the van.  A leisure job one day, to weigh all the stuff we normally take in the van - I admit to never having weighbridged when fully loaded.  

cyberyacht replied on 28/08/2021 08:42

Posted on 28/08/2021 08:42

You're probably in for a shock then. Consider either the possibility of folding E-bikes or a car roof rack(batteries removed to reduce the effort required).

I have a couple of folding E Bikes. They will swallow 40Kg of your payload, so after a battery, gas bottle and motor-movers, with most UK vans, you'll be naked and eating off paper plates.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook