Accessing sockets

AndrewY replied on 17/09/2021 12:38

Posted on 17/09/2021 12:38

I have a combined 12v and coax socket in my new motorhome. My suspicions  are its not wired. Can you remove these from the front as it looks like accessing the back would involve removing a trim panel in the shower that's held in place with screws and silicone.

SeasideBill replied on 17/09/2021 20:00

Posted on 17/09/2021 12:46 by JVB66

It seem the screws are mostly  these days accessed when the outer trim on the sockets are removed

Posted on 17/09/2021 20:00

Yes, if it’s the CBE variety the trim needs to be gently prised off with a small screwdriver. There’s usually a couple of small slots in the trim base to facilitate this.

eribaMotters replied on 18/09/2021 21:30

Posted on 17/09/2021 12:38 by AndrewY

I have a combined 12v and coax socket in my new motorhome. My suspicions  are its not wired. Can you remove these from the front as it looks like accessing the back would involve removing a trim panel in the shower that's held in place with screws and silicone.

Posted on 18/09/2021 21:30

You prise the front surround off and then from memory find a screw in each corner of the exposed plate. Once these are undone the body will come out. I've fitted two of these combined outlets and the contacts are not very positive. After fixing the co-ax cable I taped over the fitting and cable clipped the wire into place to reduce any movement. The 12v jack is a pain. Sometimes it works fine, other times it's a wobble to get a positive connection.

Colin

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook