New pricing in handbook

chunda123 replied on 15/07/2019 18:06

Posted on 15/07/2019 18:06

We have been members for many years on and of since the 1970's and this is the first time I have had to write.

I don't like the new pricing in the 2019 handbook. We went to a site in Wales this June 2019

and it said in the handbook (I quote)  2019 prices from £8.90 per night for pitch and one adult.

However we paid over £23.00 for the night. That was for two adults. That means one second adult was £15.00. This was called a booking fee. The pricing is not clear. We looked

in the handbook and you now have to download the correct price guide. 

Sorry CMC this is a bit misleading.

Please bring back the old way of pricing.

Moderator Comment - Moved from the Story Section

JVB66 replied on 16/07/2019 11:01

Posted on 16/07/2019 10:39 by Takethedogalong

Every advert you see for a new car comes up as a “prices from” nowadays. You have to be quick enough to catch the small print that flashes onto the screen for a couple of seconds to realise that the super flash paint finish, air con, adaptive technology, spare wheel (🤣), Etc.....comes at extra price. It’s why there are such boring coloured cars around in the main. Black, white, grey or goldy-beige Sir? Ah, you fancy something a tad more bold, that comes at an extra £1000 and a three month wait Sir......😂😂😂

Its the same with pitches. Patch of grass? A tenner. Two people? Another tenner. Hook Up? A fiver. Much like those super cheap rail tickets, there is a bargain out there, but it’s usually because no one else wants it.😁

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:01

Are rail tickets cheap now?have not bought a rail ticket except to take grand sprogs (£2.00 any journey) since 1960surprised

replied on 16/07/2019 11:11

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:01 by JVB66

Are rail tickets cheap now?have not bought a rail ticket except to take grand sprogs (£2.00 any journey) since 1960surprised

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:11

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 16/07/2019 11:22

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:01 by JVB66

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:22

There are some top bargains, but you have to want to do the right journey, at the right time, on the right day. I needed to be in Berwick upon Tweed one Wednesday morning by 9am, bingo! Ticket in quiet coach on the 6.05am from Doncaster cost me £8. Another time, another day it would cost £200 plus. Mind I did complain to taxi driver that it was costing me twice as much from home to Donny station than all the way to Berwick🤣

AD, I so wish that I had that particular retirement perk, I love train travel.

Top marketing video here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dSINO6MKtco

Cornersteady replied on 16/07/2019 11:46

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:46

I have had visits to sites that I had booked before the November (was it?) increase and have several to go. In all cases when arriving the wardens didn't get out a paper with the old prices on and use a calculator to work out what the price I should be paying. They just looked it up on the screen in front of them. No fiddling (in the MM definition), no extended period of time, it was just there and they just asked for the price I had expected. It is not a big problem.

moulesy replied on 16/07/2019 11:47

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:47

As long as it's the saddle you're flogging and not the horse! wink

Errrrr. .... what just happened? I thought I'd read a post from TtDA about flogging a worn in and much loved old saddle - where did that go?  Has age caught up with me at last? laughing

Tinwheeler replied on 16/07/2019 12:59

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:47 by moulesy

Errrrr. .... what just happened? I thought I'd read a post from TtDA about flogging a worn in and much loved old saddle - where did that go?  Has age caught up with me at last? laughing

Posted on 16/07/2019 12:59

Previous page, M.

Relax, it’s nothing to do with age.😊

Takethedogalong replied on 16/07/2019 13:30

Posted on 16/07/2019 11:47 by moulesy

Posted on 16/07/2019 13:30

Whoa there old lad! You did read a post about a saddle. 😂😁 The horse passed away a good few years ago, but we have a few bits of memorabilia around. Keeping his bridle, but the saddle is going, too much money to have laid about up in attic.

I am on a roll at the moment selling stuff, good job the pooch is now gender neutral or he might have been earning his vet bills! 😲

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook