Swift skylight issue

buster3744 replied on 26/10/2021 17:45

Posted on 26/10/2021 17:45

i recently purchased a 2021 swift fairway 450. While holidaying in west wales my wife noticed a drop of water landed on her at the front. on inspection it transpired that there is quite a substantial crack in the front curved sky light.

if we had not actually been in the van when it occurred i shudder to think what the damage might have been.

i have now taped it up whilst i await a repair by a swift dealer.

is this common?

has anyone else experienced this?

my message throughout the winter is to check the van regularly.

Moved from the Story Section

Pippah45 replied on 26/10/2021 20:28

Posted on 26/10/2021 20:28

My Swift Conquerer 2019 sprang a leak in the Panoramic window top front.  Luckily I had just taken the TV and set top box out of the caravan or it would have got drenched.  The dealership sealed it and ordered a new on warranty.  About 2 months later I was in Scotland and the seal failed and water poured in when I wasn't in the van!  I found a brilliant mobile man who turned out on a Sunday and sealed it again.  The replacement one is now at the dealership  and will be repaired soon 5 months on???.  Although they tried to say "bird strike" was responsible but I believe it is a design fault which I find fairly shocking!   

Nicholasb replied on 26/10/2021 20:58

Posted on 26/10/2021 20:58

The bonding which holds it in place has failed on mine. Noticed a small amount of water on the inside of the window, took it back to the dealer for inspection  and when the technician touched it the entire near side moved. They’ve done a temporary fix while we wait for a new window.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook