Why does not Bailey support 5 yr old caravans

bazwilson replied on 13/07/2023 12:11

Posted on 13/07/2023 12:11

My Bail;ey main dealer ordered a new rear quarter moulding for my 2018 GT70 Brindisi on 09/11/2022, as of today no moulding has been recieved by the dealer. 

bailey promises are below o

at 13:44 I have placed the parts on order for you today. The estimated dispatch date is the 21st December,
On 12/01/2023, The current estimated dispatch date is February 2nd
On 23/01/2023
I have checked your outstanding part today, unfortunately the current estimated dispatch date is 13th February.
On 15/02/2023,
I have checked again this morning, and the current dispatch is the 7th of March.
On 17/05/2023
As of today the new date is the 7th June
01/06/2023
they have now issued a dispatch date of 21st June.
06/07/2023 there is no current update for your outstanding parts i`m afraid.#

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section

NutsyH replied on 14/07/2023 10:39

Posted on 14/07/2023 10:39

Ive found that the best way is to buy the parts yourself from Prima Leisure (official supplier for Bailey parts) - they seem to have just about everything in stock and are very helpful if you phone them. The parts always arrive quickly. I then fit the part myself if I can, otherwise get my dealer to do it. Dealer has commented several times that I can get parts from Prima much quicker than he can from Bailey.

SteveL replied on 14/07/2023 12:29

Posted on 14/07/2023 12:29

Not just Bailey. I managed to clip a rear light of our Hymer MH on our gate post. Fortunately the damage was not that bad and I was able to patch the hole with gorilla crystal clear tape. As the LED’s are red no colouring was required. The  shape of the rear light cluster is a fairly complicated wrap round, making it expensive and only available from Hymer, through one of their dealers. Hymer have none in stock and initially we were quoted 5 / 8 weeks, this was then lengthened to 24 weeks taking it into November. I was very fortunate in that the damage still left the light usable and legal. However, potentially you could have your MH off the road for 6 months for something as simple as a broken tail light. Crazy! Our MH is only 2019 and I suspect they are still fitting them to new production.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook